Author Topic: Roadkill  (Read 8896 times)

Pir8

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Roadkill
« Reply #75 on: Sep 24, 2020, 03:33:39 pm »
OK, I've been following this and it's insane.  My biggest question is WTF happened?  From what I can tell he got hit by a car heading to Maggie Valley? I read the whole thread and most of the FB posts (no account).  Can someone sum up?  Thanks!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

the urban legend

• Raider
    « Reply #76 on: Sep 24, 2020, 08:26:43 pm »
    OK, I've been following this and it's insane.  My biggest question is WTF happened?  From what I can tell he got hit by a car heading to Maggie Valley? I read the whole thread and most of the FB posts (no account).  Can someone sum up?  Thanks!

I might be a little off on this, but here's what I think I know (the short version). There was no car accident. Gary opted out of this year's rally (SERR) because his asthma had been giving him problems. He eventually ended up in the hospital where they determined he had fluid around his heart. He coded twice and was put on life support. There were a few complications with his O2 stats, blood sugar, and a blood clot but he eventually woke up. He had to re-learn how to talk and swallow (muscle and nerve damage from being intubated for so long) but that's better now. Throughout his ordeal, he's lost just over 50 pounds. Today, he posted a video on Facebook where he says he managed to "slide his ass outta bed and into a wheel chair". Gary still has a long journey in front of him, but he is making progress.
    I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #77 on: Sep 24, 2020, 08:34:31 pm »
    Nice recap Marc, as I remember it. 
    Still praying for RK, would love see him back on that Spyder.

• Advertisement

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #78 on: Sep 24, 2020, 09:03:29 pm »

I might be a little off on this, but here's what I think I know (the short version). There was no car accident. Gary opted out of this year's rally (SERR) because his asthma had been giving him problems. He eventually ended up in the hospital where they determined he had fluid around his heart. He coded twice and was put on life support. There were a few complications with his O2 stats, blood sugar, and a blood clot but he eventually woke up. He had to re-learn how to talk and swallow (muscle and nerve damage from being intubated for so long) but that's better now. Throughout his ordeal, he's lost just over 50 pounds. Today, he posted a video on Facebook where he says he managed to "slide his ass outta bed and into a wheel chair". Gary still has a long journey in front of him, but he is making progress.
      Correct Marc!

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #79 on: Sep 24, 2020, 09:24:53 pm »

:agree: Sounds like everything I have read on the Maggie Valley FB page which his family and friends have been keeping us updated well! Still :praying: :praying: :praying: for ya Gary!!!

Pir8

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
      • V Star
      « Reply #80 on: Sep 24, 2020, 10:50:58 pm »
      That is insane!  He's a hell of a fighter!  Thoughts and prayers.  Glad to see him on the upswing. 

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Warrior
      « Reply #81 on: Sep 25, 2020, 08:31:45 am »
      That is insane!  He's a hell of a fighter!  Thoughts and prayers.  Glad to see him on the upswing.

He is an ornery old fart. I met him at the one rally I've been able to attend so far. Hell of a nice guy. Glad he's on the mend.
      Sent from my TRS-80 using BASIC

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #82 on: Sep 25, 2020, 12:50:50 pm »
      Thanks, much appreciated!!

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #83 on: Sep 25, 2020, 01:17:53 pm »
      Yes. Very appreciated.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #84 on: Oct 23, 2020, 05:22:58 pm »
      How are you doing old fart?
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #85 on: Oct 26, 2020, 05:36:42 pm »
      Talked with Roadkill today and the diallis is done for  now hopefully  they are going to remove the catheter in his neck and he is doing pt 7 days a week, it wont be long and Gary well be back to normal or as normal as Gary is lol
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #86 on: Oct 27, 2020, 09:16:56 am »
      Thanks Todd.  I was kind of hoping that he would stop by here and say hello.
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #87 on: Oct 29, 2020, 09:18:20 pm »
      Thanks Todd , glad to hear they getting him back in shape . Like Ron said , be nice to hear from him soon :)
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

StrykerBilly

• Warrior
      « Reply #88 on: Oct 30, 2020, 04:45:38 pm »
      Talked with Roadkill today and the diallis is done for  now hopefully  they are going to remove the catheter in his neck and he is doing pt 7 days a week, it wont be long and Gary well be back to normal or as normal as Gary is lol

He has been through the wringer again.  I believe FB said 11/18 was the go home date.  If so, probably 3 weeks of some intense work to make that but he has the willpower!!

With moving I won't see Gary or any of you at the 2021 rally but I have my sites set on a 2022 rally!!  Till then, ride safe and be safe!

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #89 on: Nov 01, 2020, 01:32:45 pm »

He has been through the wringer again.  I believe FB said 11/18 was the go home date.  If so, probably 3 weeks of some intense work to make that but he has the willpower!!

With moving I won't see Gary or any of you at the 2021 rally but I have my sites set on a 2022 rally!!  Till then, ride safe and be safe!
      :thumbs: