Author Topic: Looking for tank chrome side trim for 2010  (Read 537 times)

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
Looking for tank chrome side trim for 2010
« on: Aug 24, 2020, 03:29:51 pm »
As some people already know, I went down on the Moonshiner 28 on July 20th while staying in Maggie Valley. Among other things, the right side of the tank's chrome trim was damaged and I need a replacement. I'll buy both if I have to, but I only need the right side. I need the trim for a 2010 Raider, but If they are all the same then I don't care what year it is. If anyone has them, please send me a PM and let me know the price and cost to ship. I can pay with PAYPAL. I need to know right away because I have already ordered a new OEM one from Bike Bandit, but they are extremely slow. If I can find one here, I'll just cancel the Bike Bandit order.

Thanks, Noel
Help! My 30 year old mind is trapped in a 75 year old body.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    Re: Looking for tank chrome side trim for 2010
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2020, 07:28:06 pm »
    As some people already know, I went down on the Moonshiner 28 on July 20th while staying in Maggie Valley. Among other things, the right side of the tank's chrome trim was damaged and I need a replacement. I'll buy both if I have to, but I only need the right side. I need the trim for a 2010 Raider, but If they are all the same then I don't care what year it is. If anyone has them, please send me a PM and let me know the price and cost to ship. I can pay with PAYPAL. I need to know right away because I have already ordered a new OEM one from Bike Bandit, but they are extremely slow. If I can find one here, I'll just cancel the Bike Bandit order.

Thanks, Noel
    How are you doing Noel?  I hope you're doing ok.  The knee ok?  You allowed to keep the 'ole girl (which ever you choose...lmao).  I'll check and see if I have it still.  If I do, you pay shipping and it's yours Noel!  Stand by....
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
    • Raider
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2020, 07:38:35 pm »
    Here you go Noel.  Not perfect, but one is close to spotless.  PM me your address, and I'll get them out ASAP. 

• Advertisement

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2020, 08:43:15 pm »
      Good looking out Ron!
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2020, 05:37:42 pm »
      Here you go Noel.  Not perfect, but one is close to spotless.  PM me your address, and I'll get them out ASAP.

That's great, thanks Ron. If you can let me know how much the cost will be to ZIP 32776 I'll send you the money through PAYPAL and give you the address to send it from there.

I'm feeling much better now. Road rash is almost healed up. I got a couple of injuries that are taking longer. I had a lot of pain on the right side. Must have bruised a rib and possibly tore rotator cuff, but no broken bones on right side. Went to Orthopedic surgeon yesterday. I had an infection in my leg that made my right foot and leg swelled up a lot, and all red. Took antibiotic 3 weeks and taking water pill and Potsassium Chloride for salt loss. Swelling went down pretty much and foot looks almost normal. I'm waiting for exhaust gaskets and OEM tank trim, but I will cancel order if you can get me those trim pieces soon. Let me know you will send them and I'll cancel order. It';s from California and been delayed a month already, so not expecting them to send it quickly.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2020, 09:05:05 am »
      Thanks for the update! And thankful that you aren't worse. 

I should be able to get them out to you today Noel.

bIKEr42lue

• Raider
      « Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2020, 10:22:28 am »
      Rolling Rock in a can? C'mon Ron. It tastes better in a bottle.  ;D

I do like the green theme to your beer selection. Add in some Stella for the triumvirate.
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2020, 10:26:26 am »
      Thanks Ron, I really appreciate it. The trim and new exhaust gaskets are the only items I need to fix most of the damage. The front fender has a scrape on the edge of the right side, and there's the broken rear brake rod that I will have to fix myself, and the right foot control is bent, so that will have to be straightened. I bought new grips, new handlebar levers, and new exhaust. I wasn't able to get the same Cobra 2 to 1 exhaust that I had before the crash, because that style was discontinued. I got a set of Freedom pipes that are 2 single pipes that look like "Drag" pipes but are longer and have slash cut tips. The baffles are removable, so I'll have to hear how they sound with the baffles in and then out, and decide how I want to run them. Please let me know when the trim has shipped. Going to cancel the order with Bike Bandit. I ordered the trim and exhaust gaskets July 26th and they still haven't shipped yet. I called them a couple of weeks ago and they say they're short handed because of COVID 19. Maybe it's because it's fkn California, who knows....LOL I sent you my home address in PM today.

BTW, send me your email address so I can send the payment through PAYPAL.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2020, 10:37:02 am by bikertrsh »

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #8 on: Aug 31, 2020, 11:18:50 am »
      Anyone seen RON505 around here lately. I'm waiting for a response to a PM I sent him a few days ago....Thanks

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Aug 31, 2020, 12:18:03 pm »
      Anyone seen RON505 around here lately. I'm waiting for a response to a PM I sent him a few days ago....Thanks
      Hey Noel.  Did you receive the pieces yet?  I'm not worried about the $11.  Merry Christmas ...early!   ;D 

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2020, 04:22:42 pm »
      Hey, Ron. Yeah got them...thanks very much. I told Amy when I got them last week. I guess she told you already.