Author Topic: Raider #1, what do you think of this Warrior  (Read 854 times)

Badbluraider

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Raider #1, what do you think of this Warrior
« on: Aug 30, 2020, 06:28:18 am »
My daughter-in-laws parents next door neighbor suddenly passed away about 10 days ago. His wife is wanting to unload his bike at a real great price. It's an 04 Warrior, grey, 2in2 Vance & Hines with a PCIII.  All it will need is a battery, it got new tires last year before being put up and not started for almost a year. I was able to ride it today and it runs very good and smooth. Just needs some TLC on the chrome and getting the cobwebs out, chrome looks great as far as not being pitted or discolored. Not looking at keeping it but putting a battery in and flipping it. NADA is around $4100 which I know this bike with only pipes will not bring anything close to that. Real clean, not a scratch and only has 75XX miles. Watcha think???

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: Raider #1, what do you think of this Warrior
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2020, 08:40:35 am »
    Should be a quick turn around.  Looks nice.
    The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

ZEUS67

• Road Star
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2020, 10:51:37 am »
    Looks awesome!  If it came with a divorce lawyer I'd take it!  Love my raider so it would have to be an add on.....wife would not be happy about that. Definitely should be easy to find someone to take it off your hands. Up here in the Northeast it would easily go for 4 grand.

• Advertisement

Dirtiegirtie

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2020, 01:26:31 pm »
      NADA is around $4100 which I know this bike with only pipes will not bring anything close to that. Real clean, not a scratch and only has 75XX miles. Watcha think???

I gotta disagree. I think you could ask $4,500 and get $4k for it pretty easily. Having come from a warrior to the raider, and still visiting the warrior forum and watching craigslist nonstop (I have a problem) I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what they can go for. Especially a low mileage, unadulterated version you got there. If you wanted a quick sale, I would suggest you join rswarrior forum and tell them you'll take $3,500 is someone wants to come and snag it before you clean her up. Just a thought.

ZEUS67

• Road Star
      « Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2020, 01:59:10 pm »
      I agree with Dirtiegirtie....a Warrior in that condition is hard to find and for someone who is looking for one it would be a great find for them

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2020, 07:58:07 pm »
      I would keep it.

So is it rude to ask what the great price is?

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2020, 08:03:53 pm »
      I’m assuming that great price is well below the Blue book price.  If so there is nothing to consider beyond that, just buy it.

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2020, 09:22:57 pm »
      Less than a gran :yikes: yeah about fell off my seat for that one and she has a Harley so I know she knows a little about bikes. I told her today I will take it when she has the title in her name. I am not a Vette guy but she has a nice lookin I think 07 dark blue that might be for sale which I told her to let me know. Also 79 Trans Am with 6.6 litre Hurst 4 speed that is sweet. ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2020, 10:02:10 pm »
      Less than a gran :yikes: yeah about fell off my seat for that one and she has a Harley so I know she knows a little about bikes. I told her today I will take it when she has the title in her name. I am not a Vette guy but she has a nice lookin I think 07 dark blue that might be for sale which I told her to let me know. Also 79 Trans Am with 6.6 litre Hurst 4 speed that is sweet. ;D

DAMN!!! That's a killer deal. CONGRATS on that.

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2020, 06:56:17 pm »

DAMN!!! That's a killer deal. CONGRATS on that.
      :agree: :thumbs:

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #10 on: Sep 04, 2020, 08:56:17 pm »
      Congratulations! Christmas came really early for you this year! 2020 can't be that bad at all with a gift like that!!!!
      To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
      • Road Star
      « Reply #11 on: Sep 05, 2020, 12:38:20 pm »
      I've owned a few Road Warriors...too bad it was discontinued...the design team that made the Warrior helped design the Raider...with an aftermarket 2 into 1 high exit exhaust it was able to hang with most bikes through the twisties (its R-1 front end really helped with the cornering)...I believe there was a European version of the Warrior that was NOT available in the US?...Great bike too bad it was discontinued...PEACE RIDE  O8O SAFE Yamaha's XSR900 hopefully isn't on the block...AND I still miss the Suzuki B-King...oh, well...my grand children will be riding 'electric' bikes
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2020, 03:08:22 am by BorderlandBiker »

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #12 on: Sep 05, 2020, 05:58:08 pm »
      Too bad all of Yamaha's great bikes were discontinued.

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #13 on: Sep 08, 2020, 09:20:56 pm »
      Too bad all of Yamaha's great bikes were discontinued.
      :agree: Yeah really...

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
      • Road Star
      « Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2020, 05:44:15 pm »
      ...another factoid (I also believe the Warrior holds or held the record for its class in the QUARTER MILE) It was done by the ???? (maybe Mitchell???) Brothers