Author Topic: Vance & Hines front heat shield  (Read 249 times)

Badbluraider

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Vance & Hines front heat shield
« on: Aug 30, 2020, 03:01:23 pm »
Hey guys, well I think all the scraping going on has taken it's toll on my front heat shield. :( Where I have damaged it by scraping and hitting hard it is actually starting to cracked upwards from the scrapes into the good chrome. I have Vance & Hines 2 in 2 Big Radius which they have discontinued. I really like the looks of these pipes and do not want to have to go to anything else. I have called V&H, checked their warehouses, called just about all the online bike stores and even called quite a few dealerships anywhere close to me with no luck. Amazon did advertise this but it was the back half of the leading cylinder header and not the front.

If anybody happens to have one unscathed I will gladly pay for it or if anyone knows where I could get one please let me know. I will likely go to Freedoms only when I have to as they have always been my next choice.  ;D

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2020, 09:25:05 pm by Badbluraider »

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

StrykerBilly

• Warrior
    Re: Vance & Hines front heat shield
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2020, 06:56:46 pm »
    Might be just as easy to find a local shop that will re-chrome.
    That said, unless you have changed your riding style, it's only going to be a temporary fix...

Badbluraider

• Warrior
    Re: Vance & Hines front heat shield
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2020, 08:43:32 pm »
    Might be just as easy to find a local shop that will re-chrome.
    That said, unless you have changed your riding style, it's only going to be a temporary fix...
    Sadly to say my riding habits have not changed. I just don't want that crack to keep moving upward.