Author Topic: Oil leak at oil filter  (Read 1809 times)

Pir8

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Oil leak at oil filter
« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2020, 05:18:06 pm »
Good to hear man! 

Was the one you were using before a purolator?  I read something somewhere that Purolator made a change fairly recently that may have affected their seals. 

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

ZEUS67

• Road Star
    « Reply #16 on: Sep 28, 2020, 05:39:51 pm »
    I also read that about Purolator filters. Something about convex versus concave or vice versa. Either way it was a change that could cause a potential leak. I think he was using Bosch but maybe they changed too?  I thought Bosch was made by Champion who also makes Mobil 1 and Supertech filters?  I can't keep up Seymore. I used to be a die hard Fram guy. Now I wouldn't put one on my vehicles if you gave me one.

Pir8

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
    • V Star
    « Reply #17 on: Sep 28, 2020, 06:15:57 pm »
    I also read that about Purolator filters. Something about convex versus concave or vice versa. Either way it was a change that could cause a potential leak. I think he was using Bosch but maybe they changed too?  I thought Bosch was made by Champion who also makes Mobil 1 and Supertech filters?  I can't keep up Seymore. I used to be a die hard Fram guy. Now I wouldn't put one on my vehicles if you gave me one.

HAHA HA! ZEUS, it was the thing YOU linked.  We've both been researching too much, starting to all blur together:

From Zeus' post:motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html
    "Purolator has changed their filters from a concave to a convex fitting surface, so they no longer seal on some motorcycles."

• Advertisement

ZEUS67

• Road Star
      « Reply #18 on: Sep 28, 2020, 09:48:53 pm »
       8)