Author Topic: Can someone tell me what air intake system I have?  (Read 252 times)

Cbibb

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Can someone tell me what air intake system I have?
« on: Sep 27, 2020, 04:06:30 pm »
Hey guys yet another question concerning the bike I just picked up yesterday. I took the tank off as I was going to inspect and replace the air filter and saw this set up under the tank. They are K&N filters for the throttle bodies and I'm not sure what the front little filter is? Can someone explain to me what setup I have? I am going to be sending my ECU to Ivan to get flashed in the next week or so and I want to make sure I give him all the correct info. Thanks again guys

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: Can someone tell me what air intake system I have?
    « Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2020, 06:46:13 pm »
    That is a DIY BAK.  The previous owner purchased POD filters and installed them on the throttle bodies.  The small filter goes to the forward breather hose.  There should be another breather hose on the rear cylinder - its the messy one.  It's either ported overboard or into a puke can.

Cbibb

• V Star
    « Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2020, 06:58:46 pm »
    Gotcha. Thank you very much. I assume when i send the ecu to ivan just tell him exactly what i have?? Yes sir the rear breather just went under the seat and made a mess. I am going to install a catch can like what ive seen here behind my plate mount. I have catch can setups on both my other bikes. You guys have been a tremendous help so far. Very grateful. Looking forward to my journey with the new to me Raider!

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2020, 07:00:37 pm »
      Yes - tell IVAN you have pod filters...it's one of the choices on his submission form.

Ride safe