Author Topic: Installing freedom performance exhaust difficulty  (Read 393 times)

IronHorse

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Installing freedom performance exhaust difficulty
« on: Oct 25, 2020, 10:02:38 pm »
Hello,

Bought some Freedom Performance swept curves and attempted to have a dealer install them what mistake pipes were installed wrong and they scratched the the frame and heat shield. I am attempting to correct the installed but I am having an issue with the heat shield on the lower pipe contacting the peg bracket. It is frustrating any suggestions for getting clearance? at this point I'm tempted to just get some cobra swept and throw them on there.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: Installing freedom performance exhaust difficulty
    « Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2020, 07:03:52 am »
    I'm guessing you're having issues getting the front flange lined up?   If so, pull (remove) the front left flange stud from the cylinder head.  Reinstall the stud once the pipe is in place.

Good luck!

IronHorse

• V Star
    « Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2020, 10:32:45 am »
    Thanks for your response Iíll look into this I was able to get it on and torqued but as it torques it pulls the pipe into the peg bracket. This will fix that?

• Advertisement

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2020, 01:03:36 pm »
      Thanks for your response Iíll look into this I was able to get it on and torqued but as it torques it pulls the pipe into the peg bracket. This will fix that?
      Sorry, I'm of no help, but if you decide to sell the pipes, I'd like to call dibs  ;D  I've been wanting FP's for quite some time now.
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2020, 05:08:28 pm »

Post a pic - not sure what you are encountering.  My difficulty was with Cobra Swepts where the pipes were hitting the peg bracket, preventing the front flange from aligning properly.

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2020, 06:29:30 pm »
      Sounds like your pipes were assembled on the bench, tightened up, and then transferred to the bike. If they weren't assembled in the exact position that will fit your Raider, then they will never fit right.

Loosen everything. There's usually a clamp holding the header section to the tail pipe section. Make sure it's loose enough to allow the 2 sections to slide onto one another. Once everything moves freely, start snugging down everything. Go progressively, and wiggle parts a bit between each round of tightening to help them settle in the proper position.

Hope this solves your issue.
      I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

heftysmurf

• Road Star
      « Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2020, 03:01:48 pm »
      I will second what Urban Legend has said.  You gotta start with everything loose and go from there.
      2011 Raider S