Author Topic: Clicking, won't turn over after spark plug change  (Read 1337 times)

Land Shark

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Clicking, won't turn over after spark plug change
« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2020, 08:08:35 am »
That is actually what was throwing me off because I killed a lot of batteries before I learned enough about car stereos but I never had a battery that wouldn't at least keep the car running once it was jumped.  In my head I was assuming the worst and the battery wasn't available locally and waiting didn't help anything lol.  Lesson learned. 

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Roadstrat21

• V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: Clicking, won't turn over after spark plug change
    « Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2021, 01:39:00 am »
    I was referring to the kill switch.  Correct me if I'm way off, but the whir when you flip it to run is the fuel pump priming, no?  That whirring noise wouldn't initialize unless I had the jumper attached. 

Terminals and connections clean and tight. Checked that first. Will remove the tank again over the weekend and triple check all the connectors but I was pretty thorough. It's concerning to me because I've killed a lot of batteries through the years but this one doesn't add up in my head since it was working last week and now it's not.  I'm not discounting the excited alternator comment , but I've never had a battery be so dead that it won't keep a running vehicle on.  Since I had the battery out while swapping the plugs, and couldn't have misconnected anything, I'm going to remain confident the electrical system is fine and continue to test the low hanging fruit 🙂 I'll keep everyone updated and thank you again for the suggestions.
    your probably mostly hearing the servo motor for the exup valve at startup