Author Topic: One more plee...  (Read 397 times)

Badbluraider

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
One more plee...
« on: Nov 21, 2020, 03:50:10 pm »
Wanted to hit you guys up once more since the last post only had one response. I have V&H 2in2 Big Radius and the front heat shield has been scraped to the point that there is a crack coming from the scrapes straight up into the good chrome. Much longer and the heat will be in two pieces.

V&H doesn't not even make the heat shield anymore and their warehouses have none of what I need.

Might any of you guys have an older set of these laying around, willing to pay to replace that shield. Secondly if I cannot find one is there any fixing this problem?

Thank you much!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: One more plee...
    « Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:12:28 pm »
    Would love to help, but I have Cobra Swepts.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2020, 08:34:29 am »
    Wanted to hit you guys up once more since the last post only had one response. I have V&H 2in2 Big Radius and the front heat shield has been scraped to the point that there is a crack coming from the scrapes straight up into the good chrome. Much longer and the heat will be in two pieces.

V&H doesn't not even make the heat shield anymore and their warehouses have none of what I need.

Might any of you guys have an older set of these laying around, willing to pay to replace that shield. Secondly if I cannot find one is there any fixing this problem?

Thank you much!
    good luck Mark   if it's just the heat shield drill a small hole at the end of the crack and it should stop it from creeping,  might could make a patch and form it to the same shape as the shield, cut a section out of the shield and weld the patch in place and have it re chromed
    V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2020, 03:50:51 pm »
      Great ideas guys, never thought of drilling a hole to stop the movement. Would love to be able to keep these on. Had a guy on FB that had V&H 2in1 still in the box that wanted to trade me from a pix that he had seen. I sent him a close up of this and it changed his tune a bit. I asked if I could buy the 2in1's outright and that was a NOGO without question. Told him I may go with Freedom Sharp Curves when they get too bad and he still wants to buy them. As stated I am going to do all I can to keep these V&H on the bike. ;D

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2020, 06:24:41 am »
      Dang Mark those are scraped pretty bad, time for some FP sharp curves
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2020, 06:14:28 pm »
      Dang Mark those are scraped pretty bad, time for some FP sharp curves
      :agree: I just like the V&H so much on the bike. I do have my eye on a set of Curves.