Author Topic: Looking to install a LED light kit (underglow) on my bike  (Read 1697 times)

Randinio

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Looking to install a LED light kit (underglow) on my bike
« on: Nov 26, 2020, 02:10:33 pm »
As the title states, looking to install a light kit on my raider. Does anyone have and pictures of theirs and any specific kits they've used? Ive seen a few different kits, also can you wire it to turn on/off via the aux switch (i think thats what its called) on the right side of the handle bar? Any input is appreciated.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: Looking to install a LED light kit (underglow) on my bike
    « Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2020, 07:20:37 pm »
    I used two XK Glow kits (all connected as one system) on my first Raider, pods and strips.  Custom Dynamics also sells kits - several vendors available selling complete kits. 

You can wire it to the aux light switch - I'd not cut off the connector but use vampire taps on the wiring - obviously your call.  Just be aware the aux light switch is only powered when the bike has been started (like headlight) - might cramp your style unless you want the headlight on when using the accent lights when parked.  Might be better to run hot from the battery (with fuse of course).

You can buy LED pods, LED strips, and a remote control system from eBay or Amazon and build your own kit.  I've even bought a reel of lights, cut to length, and soldered on connectors for a system. 

Good luck! 

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2020, 07:23:00 pm »
    Some pics

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2020, 08:09:06 pm »
      I used the led glow million color kit that is controlled by a phone app
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Randinio

• V Star
      « Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2020, 08:58:23 pm »
      Did you use the 6 piece or 8 piece kit? Thats the best kit i could find online and i think im gonna go with the same kit!

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2020, 10:41:16 am »
      Did you use the 6 piece or 8 piece kit? Thats the best kit i could find online and i think im gonna go with the same kit!
      think I used the 16 piece kit
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

roadstar123

• V Star
      « Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2020, 03:23:14 am »
      I had them on mine when I bought the bike, all controlled by a fob.

Battery kept going flat within 2 weeks and eventually realised it was probably connected to the lights,

I found 2 leds permanently on in the control module that was sitting uder the seat, disconnected the lights by pulling the plug and no more problem so just beware.   If I want to use them ... rarely I just push the plug together .

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2020, 06:12:32 am »
      I had them on mine when I bought the bike, all controlled by a fob.

Battery kept going flat within 2 weeks and eventually realised it was probably connected to the lights,

I found 2 leds permanently on in the control module that was sitting uder the seat, disconnected the lights by pulling the plug and no more problem so just beware.   If I want to use them ... rarely I just push the plug together .
      put a toggle switch on the power wire from the battery to the module that solves the problem