Author Topic: Fork Extensions for Anyone Interested  (Read 2590 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Fork Extensions for Anyone Interested
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2021, 09:43:05 am »
I just donít want it to slow me down but at the same time give me clearance not to scrape the exhaust in turns.

Actually, I would say the fork extensions increase the chances of scraping the exhaust because you're tipping the front of the bike up which forces everything in the back to tip down.  I scrape my pegs all the time with 3" extensions. My old Cobra Swepts had a nice flat spot underneath too.

Seems to me that giving rise to the front would just make the front higher, you havenít lowered the rear, it remains the same.  If anything the pegs would be slightly raised too.

Yes, but if you have a long exhaust and the tips point downward, it's going to aim them more to the ground after lifting the front. So there's more chance of scraping the tips of the exhaust.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    « Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2021, 09:44:28 am »
    Currently the lowest point on my exhaust is just under the cam cover which is far enough forward on the bike that any lift I put to the forks should help in that area. Thatís not to say I wonít start scraping somewhere farther back but with mine at least it probably be the tips. Take a look at the pics and see if Iíve changed your mind.

I would agree with this.

I'm not trying to talk you out of extensions. I love mine and felt weird on my third Raider until I was able to find some.

craigac

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #32 on: Jan 04, 2021, 12:51:30 pm »
    Just ordered mine. $200 :yikes: Whatís nice though is he offered to turn them down to whatever length suits me once Iíve tried them out. So Iím starting with 3Ē and see where it goes.

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2021, 03:03:57 pm »
      Just ordered mine. $200 :yikes: Whatís nice though is he offered to turn them down to whatever length suits me once Iíve tried them out. So Iím starting with 3Ē and see where it goes.

I'm 6' 2" and I love 3" extensions. Be sure to add the spacer for the lower lines or you could end up ripping them apart when riding and end up having a very bad day.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #34 on: Jan 05, 2021, 01:12:50 am »

I'm 6' 2" and I love 3" extensions. Be sure to add the spacer for the lower lines or you could end up ripping them apart when riding and end up having a very bad day.

I'm 6' 3" and have 4" extensions, I love the stretched out look it gives the front end.  It also brought my forward controls up higher and gives the bike better clearance.  It's a win...win... ;)

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #35 on: Jan 05, 2021, 06:42:13 pm »
      Be sure to add the spacer for the lower lines or you could end up ripping them apart when riding and end up having a very bad day.

:thumbs:

cobaltss01

• 2015 Raider
      • Road Star
      « Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2021, 12:24:55 pm »
      Thanks man.