Author Topic: Movin' On?  (Read 1328 times)

2nd Life

• Doin' Good
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
Q
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2020, 04:39:10 pm »
Since my son's accident, most of the summer's free time was spent in the garage rebuilding. Just shot the final paint yesterday and started to sand/buff out the clear coat. Have almost all the parts I need to reassemble. It's been a pain getting parts. It is almost as if Yamaha had to make whatever I needed from scratch as long as it has taken.

Pains me that rather than finishing up some electronic changes on my Raider I've worked on his. Bottom line, not a single ride this summer. What good is a pony that never leaves the barn. :- )

Hope this forum keeps going. I'm an anti-FB kind of guy. If I were to ever get an account there, I would only visit for a tech Q&A.

Be well all. Stay safe. 2021 just has to be better than 2020!
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2020, 04:41:47 pm by 2nd Life »
(not a mid-life crisis; just a better life :- )

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: Movin' On?
    « Reply #16 on: Dec 31, 2020, 05:13:12 pm »
    This forum is still the best reference and search database for Raider info;  the several Facebook sites (at least four) don't have the depth of info - I hope RSR continues into the future. 

In the spirit of "what's happening", rode with a group to the Stagecoach Cafe in Stockton, AL for the "Last Ride of the Year" yesterday -  put about 200 plus miles on the ODO with some really good curvy and sweepy runs (considering flat Florida).  Wxr was awesome.

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2020, 06:21:51 pm »
    This forum is still the best reference and search database for Raider info;  the several Facebook sites (at least four) don't have the depth of info - I hope RSR continues into the future. 

In the spirit of "what's happening", rode with a group to the Stagecoach Cafe in Stockton, AL for the "Last Ride of the Year" yesterday -  put about 200 plus miles on the ODO with some really good curvy and sweepy runs (considering flat Florida).  Wxr was awesome.

Lookin good there Billy!

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #18 on: Dec 31, 2020, 07:49:15 pm »

Lookin good there Billy!

Cheers Ted...Looking forward to seeing you at the Spring KYRR and the SERR...

Happy New Year Brother Ted, and all the best in 2021!

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2021, 02:08:21 pm »
      Haven't been on here much this year (2020), been the worst year of my life for more reasons then I care to mention.  COVID has not helped in that regard.  The Mistress D has sat in the garage for most of the year as I have been unable to ride due to medical issues.  Many of those are cleared up and I am hoping that 2021 will afford me the ability to get out on the open road once again. :fingerscrossed:

2nd Life

• Doin' Good
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2021, 08:26:52 pm »
      Haven't been on here much this year (2020), been the worst year of my life for more reasons then I care to mention.  COVID has not helped in that regard.  The Mistress D has sat in the garage for most of the year as I have been unable to ride due to medical issues.  Many of those are cleared up and I am hoping that 2021 will afford me the ability to get out on the open road once again. :fingerscrossed:
      Certainly hope so....
      (not a mid-life crisis; just a better life :- )

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2021, 10:59:10 pm »

GOOD LUCK!  My Raider hasn't been out a whole lot either and this year has not been great for me as well. In fact it ended extremely poorly. Hope things get better for all of us.

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #22 on: Jan 03, 2021, 08:38:08 pm »

GOOD LUCK!  My Raider hasn't been out a whole lot either and this year has not been great for me as well. In fact it ended extremely poorly. Hope things get better for all of us.

Hope 2021 is better for you guys!!!

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #23 on: Jan 03, 2021, 10:18:39 pm »
      Gary , Bill I’m glad to see y’all two are doing better and things for 2021 will be looking up hopefully!
      I think Ted may have hit the nail on the head , it’s a shame because years back this forum was packed with new stuff daily. I get it though , life gets in the way and other things take our spare time up. Never the less the site definitely has the best Raider info like Bill stated , can’t replace that.

Happy 2021 to you all, and see y’all soon at SERR 13 !
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #24 on: Jan 10, 2021, 08:30:54 am »

Lookin good there Billy!

Cheers Ted...Looking forward to seeing you at the Spring KYRR and the SERR...

Happy New Year Brother Ted, and all the best in 2021!

I am looking forward to seeing all you guys too...a KYRR and a SERR...nice!
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009