Author Topic: Added Chrome Engine Guards  (Read 3443 times)

Badbluraider

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Added Chrome Engine Guards
« on: Jan 03, 2021, 08:43:29 pm »
Added Chrome Engine Guards today ??? :-\

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    Re: Added Chrome Engine Guards
    « Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2021, 10:14:04 pm »
    Nice brother looking good !
    Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2021, 09:39:48 am »
    Very nice!

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2021, 06:37:58 pm »
      Yeah bro not sold yet on them yet, kinda like the bullet cowl but that changed in a short order. Like the chrome and the idea behind the engine guard just hope they are not going to scrape. ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2021, 06:42:10 pm »
      Yeah bro not sold yet on them yet, kinda like the bullet cowl but that changed in a short order. Like the chrome and the idea behind the engine guard just hope they are not going to scrape. ;D

The only time I ever scraped my Lindbars was when I actually toppled my first Raider over avoiding a pedestrian I did not see. They saved my tank and engine. 

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2021, 07:44:08 pm »

The way you like to ride they will most definitely touch down bro , some of the guys at SERR have them and the hard riders hit theirs !
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2021, 01:01:27 am »

The way you like to ride they will most definitely touch down bro , some of the guys at SERR have them and the hard riders hit theirs !

Dave, if you had them you would be doing donuts in and out of every turn...  ;D

They do look good, I would have them if the scoop allowed for them to fit.

Zekester

• Road Star
      « Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:55:06 am »
      Looking good.  Your Raider looks like it just got detailed. 8)
      Zeke
      USMC
      1971-1973
      2012 SCL #8

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2021, 05:40:23 am »

I’ve seen the damage to your Vance & Hines. They’ll scrape alright, no doubt about it. Have a look at this pic I found.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2021, 06:15:13 am by craigac »

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2021, 06:11:44 am »
      And scraping those is worrisome. CHROMINATOR’s comment about donuts.. well, he’s not far off! My suggestion is lean till it grinds, then do NOT lean some more

I just got a set of Freedom Sharp Curves but will not be putting them on until my V&H 2in2 start looking real bad. When I do I don't want to scrape the Freedom's like the V&H therefore I think I am going to throw the 2" or 3" extensions on. Not sure whether they are 2 or 3 been in the box for about 4 years. I am going to need that extra ground clearance also ;D

Now might be a good time to throw those fork extensions on.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2021, 06:31:33 am by craigac »

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2021, 09:04:16 am »

I’ve seen the damage to your Vance & Hines. They’ll scrape alright, no doubt about it. Have a look at this pic I found.
      That picture is Fiddles riding the Dragon - that's not his engine guard scraping he put titanium peg feelers on his pegs and was grinding them off.
      I've scraped my pegs off but never scraped the OEM engine guard
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2021, 10:13:28 am by ROADKILL »

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2021, 09:38:05 am »

Dave, if you had them you would be doing donuts in and out of every turn...  ;D

They do look good, I would have them if the scoop allowed for them to fit.

I had to make some modifications to get it to work, but I was able to install a chin scoop and the engine guard to Desiree's Stryker.

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:41:43 pm »

That picture is Fiddles riding the Dragon - that's not his engine guard scraping he put titanium peg feelers on his pegs and was grinding them off.

Yeah but Fiddles has 3” fork extensions and while I trust he’s not scraping the engine guards he’s damn close. Scraping pegs is one thing, scraping exhaust is something completely different. If you’re causing the kind of damage Badbluraider is (see pic) you’d better be careful or when you’re leaning it over that far and an engine guard scrapes, if you continue to push, loosing traction is a very real possibility. Think of it as a pivot point, then imagine how little tire is in contact with the ground at those lean angles. It wouldn’t take much to make one of those wheels light. Just be cautious is all I’m really trying to say.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2021, 06:33:09 pm by craigac »

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2021, 07:01:36 pm »

Yeah but Fiddles has 3” fork extensions and while I trust he’s not scraping the engine guards he’s damn close. Scraping pegs is one thing, scraping exhaust is something completely different. If you’re causing the kind of damage Badbluraider is (see pic) you’d better be careful or when you’re leaning it over that far and an engine guard scrapes, if you continue to push, loosing traction is a very real possibility. Think of it as a pivot point, then imagine how little tire is in contact with the ground at those lean angles. It wouldn’t take much to make one of those wheels light. Just be cautious is all I’m really trying to say.
      I have no fork extensions  on the Red Raider. I have grazed the engine guards and both ends of the pipes and the kick  stand
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2021, 07:55:55 pm »

I have no fork extensions  on the Red Raider. I have grazed the engine guards and both ends of the pipes and the kick  stand

I saw this and just assumed...
      My 3" fork spacers arrived today got them polished and ready to install, these  are made out of Stainless steel