Author Topic: Keyless options  (Read 3133 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Keyless options
« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2021, 06:25:05 pm »
LOL Gotta watch out for them glove thieves!

Yeah. No kidding.  I'm pretty sure it just blew away. I should've thrown them in my saddlebags for as long as I was away, but my son's girlfriend (now wife) was in the hospital for surgery and my gloves weren't foremost in my mind.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
    • Roadliner
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2021, 07:00:00 pm »
    Resurrecting an old thread because I got curious about the Nicholas Easterday keyless option and called him up about it. Itís not his own per se. He turns an ordinary Motogadget m-Lock into a plug and play. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad with the m-Lock?

I have the one Nicholas version and he does make it plug & play.

From memory there are two variants. One whereby you can still use you ignition if need be and one where it eliminates it altogether.

I have two fobs just in case I lose one, and have mounted the receiver on the left side near the bottom of the tank by the seat, so when you are on the bike you are hiding it and protecting it from the weather if need be.

So far so good

What are your thoughts on the plug & play? Worth the extra $100 or not?

The reason I keep the ignition (with a cover on it) is if I do lose the fob when I'm out, I can use the key (which is hidden on the bike) as you'll need it to get under the seat anyway.
    I'm unlikely to lose the fob in reality but I like it..... Each to there own.
    Maybe its not for everyone but it's for me

One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

craigac

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #32 on: Jan 23, 2021, 09:19:16 am »
    Actually, I like it better than DGD because I hate the idea of everything coming on when I get close. The nice thing about m-Lock is, it only turns on when you want it to turn on, but it does not require digging for a fob IF you opt for the miniature transponder sewn into glove finger.

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2021, 09:47:22 am »
      Actually, I like it better than DGD because I hate the idea of everything coming on when I get close. The nice thing about m-Lock is, it only turns on when you want it to turn on, but it does not require digging for a fob IF you opt for the miniature transponder sewn into glove finger.

Nothing turns on until you click the kill switch into the "on" position when programmed in "active" mode.  You can also use it in "passive" mode if you prefer where you have to push a button on the fob to activate it.

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2021, 11:18:15 am »
      Doesnít it energize the instrument panel, just like turning the key does?

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #35 on: Jan 24, 2021, 09:40:32 am »
      Doesnít it energize the instrument panel, just like turning the key does?

Yeah. Once you flip the kill switch.  With the kill switch off, everything is off.

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #36 on: Jan 24, 2021, 11:03:25 am »
      That changes my opinion completely then, especially after I came across this gem of information:

I prefer to keep my digital guard dog remote in manual mode.  I just hit the button and it basically unlocks the bike by completing the circuit.  Passive mode is nice but for some reason it doesn't work as consistently as manual mode.  At least for my particular install.

I've had no issues with the passive mode.  In fact, I'd asked Tejas to somehow control the range so that I'd have to be right on top of the bike (within a foot or so) before it would crank.  Not sure what they did but... they did it.

To adjust the range you just trim the antenna wire to a shorter length.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #37 on: Jan 24, 2021, 02:27:41 pm »
      DGD is one of the best accessories I ever bought for my Raider and I have the pre-plug 'n play version. In fact I'm the one that sent them the connectors I cut off so they could add the plug 'n play feature for Yamahas. Installing it on my wife's and son's Strykers was so much easier than when I installed on the Raider.