Author Topic: Overseas chin spoiler and fenders  (Read 1344 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Overseas chin spoiler and fenders
« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2021, 02:15:05 pm »
I had talked with some of they L&M guys back when they debuted their custom Copper Bolt and they seemed like really good guys that cared about the customers.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

the urban legend

• Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:32:42 pm »
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they're a bad company. What I'm saying is that my personal experience sucked.
    I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

mitch1965

• V Star
    « Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2021, 01:13:38 pm »
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
    Mitch1965
    40+ Motorcycle Club, Fort Collins CO

2013 Yamaha Raider S
    2016 Honda F6B Dlx
    1985 Honda V65 Sabre

• Advertisement

joseph56

• Road Star
      « Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2021, 10:15:55 pm »
      I also have had a good experience with L&M per se   I put a custom metal rear fender on with different struts   I got the seat pan from them   I was able to get them to fill in the stock fender strut cut outs to cover the total frame from the tank back   so they are good for somethings and not so good for other things  ;D
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2021, 10:17:34 pm by joseph56 »

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #19 on: Feb 26, 2021, 09:44:55 am »
      I also have had a good experience with L&M per se   I put a custom metal rear fender on with different struts   I got the seat pan from them   I was able to get them to fill in the stock fender strut cut outs to cover the total frame from the tank back   so they are good for somethings and not so good for other things  ;D

That's actually pretty cool. I'm guessing they must drill/cut them manually and it's not part of the mold and you just saved them a step in the process.

joseph56

• Road Star
      « Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2021, 05:15:27 pm »
      no the fender strut cut outs are the way they get made   I was able to get them to add some fiberglass to blend in the fender strut cut outs as also to cover the frame from the tank back   one can tell the add on when not covered but looks good now the pan has been covered   as for the chin spoiler   that's a totally different matter   go figure    but we all have to remember that the chin spoiler is for the the warrior   it was never made for the Raider   that's why the point is at the top and not round like the Raider frame   but I was able to get it to half ass fit my first bike by filing out the lower frame cut outs a bit  8)

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Mar 09, 2021, 07:04:05 pm »
      no the fender strut cut outs are the way they get made   I was able to get them to add some fiberglass to blend in the fender strut cut outs as also to cover the frame from the tank back   one can tell the add on when not covered but looks good now the pan has been covered   as for the chin spoiler   that's a totally different matter   go figure    but we all have to remember that the chin spoiler is for the the warrior   it was never made for the Raider   that's why the point is at the top and not round like the Raider frame   but I was able to get it to half ass fit my first bike by filing out the lower frame cut outs a bit  8)

That's impressive that they did that for you.

And I thought the chin spoiler was for the Warrior, but then I checked their site and they have it listed for the Raider.