Author Topic: Progressive 465-5011b  (Read 403 times)

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Progressive 465-5011b
« on: Mar 16, 2021, 08:33:06 pm »
Finally after a year the progressive 465-5011b with RAP is finally available again,  just received mine today from Pacific Coast Cruiser that I ordered Friday, installed it this evening,  what a difference it makes
V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: Progressive 465-5011b
    « Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2021, 10:37:41 pm »
    its worth it? I will be getting a custom seat this year and next I will look at front and rear suspension upgrades. You think this is the best on the market? Anyone else's thought?

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2021, 05:24:05 am »
    its worth it? I will be getting a custom seat this year and next I will look at front and rear suspension upgrades. You think this is the best on the market? Anyone else's thought?
    imo yes
    V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

• Advertisement

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2021, 06:15:42 am »

I have the rear progressive spring with lowering links (which lowers the rear about 1.75"), and I have the progressive front spring kit (which lowers the front about 1.75").  The overall bike is lowered about 1.75" - 2" front and rear.  The ride is way better IMO, just that little bit of lowering with the progressive spring rates really makes a huge difference.  The one thing you will lose is cornering lean angle.  If you're used to coming into corners hot and scraping the frame in the turns, you'll start scaping way earlier in the lean than before.  Just something to keep in mind, you'll have to back off a bit on the aggressive twisty riding or you'll need a welder  ;D

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2021, 06:56:58 am »

Really just depends on how you plan to ride your Raider in the tight stuff bro.... or if you want more looks then function. I have had tricky air ride on my bike for last 5-6 years and I love it other then touching down before all the other guys when we running hard. I too like (Fasttimez) have the progressive lowering springs in my forks which drops the bike even more over stock. I went with the tricky because I love the slammed low look when parked and hanging out , and I like being able to adjust the ride height on the fly and when riding two up the air ride is definitely a plusher ride !
       The 465 adjustable rear shock with progressive NON-lowering springs in the forks IMO would be hands down the best handling for running hard. With that said there are several guys with stock stuff that roll hard too, so how much advantage may be minimal depending on a riders nerve/ability level to begin with !

Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..