Author Topic: Was Said to be over designed in 2008  (Read 1015 times)

eakrob

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Was Said to be over designed in 2008
« on: Mar 08, 2021, 08:23:18 pm »
These are pics of my first and second Raider. It's funny how the Raider was bashed by critics in the beginning as being overrated and over designed. Now all the other manufactures have just caught up, I guess. I learned a valuable lesson, never sell what you enjoy, I'm on number #4. The red one was my favorite.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

eakrob

• V Star
    Re: Was Said to be over designed in 2008
    « Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2021, 08:27:43 pm »
    The red one didn't post for some reason.

eakrob

• V Star
    « Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2021, 08:48:57 pm »
    This was the third one, I traded for a 2018 Fatboy. The fatboy was too short for me. I didn't like that much.

• Advertisement

eakrob

• V Star
      « Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2021, 08:51:46 pm »
      So after I cashed my Streetglide in 6/19. This is where I ended up, back home.

Sgt Fury

• 2012 Raider SCL #188
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2021, 11:42:30 pm »
      All the Raiders are kick-butt beauties and you obviously are a true Raider fan lucky enough to find four clean ones.  I also like the red ones and their decals the best---well, along with my candy orange SCL which I'll be keeping for as long as I can ride!     :wheelie:
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2021, 11:56:13 pm by Sgt Fury »

There's no substitute for cubic inches and a good engine management system!   Hmmm, well maybe a blower, NOS or turbo....

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2021, 09:33:16 am »
      Nice looking Raiders!

Wouldn't you love to have all four of them in your garage today.

I'm on #3 myself.

cobaltss01

• 2015 Raider
      • Road Star
      « Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2021, 10:19:02 pm »
      Nice Porsche.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2021, 05:27:10 am »
      On my 2nd Raider both were 09's, the black was my 1st and Red 2nd
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2021, 03:28:28 pm »
      So after I cashed my Streetglide in 6/19. This is where I ended up, back home.

You know you love Raiders when there's a Porsche right behind it and you never see it until someone points it out.

eakrob

• V Star
      « Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2021, 08:50:10 pm »
      That is so true. I actually sold the Porsche. It was a Targa top and I'm bald. If you know anything about that, it really sucks. Plus I was on the Raider more than I was in the car.

seventhLetter

• Raider
      « Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2021, 11:25:46 am »
      It's interesting to me seeing a lot of motovloggers on Youtube just now discovering the Raider.  I'm sitting back watching thinking "yeah I've known this since December of '07, where you been?"
      RoxieRaider, SeventhLetter, G, "hey you", I answer to just about anything.

eakrob

• V Star
      « Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2021, 03:07:23 pm »
      Yeah, I'm with you on that. The raider is a sleeper. I remember the first time I saw one on the cover of cruiser magazine, that was in 2012. It was and old magazine my buddy had. My mind was going crazy trying to figure out how I was going to get one. A year later, I bought the 08 red raider and I was on top of the world.

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2021, 07:48:18 am »
      This is my first cruiser style bike ever.  I came from crotch rockets and can remember when the Raider first came out, I told myself that would be the only cruiser I would ever own.  I loved the lines of the bike, the power ratings on the bike, and the fact it didn't cost $30K to get all of it.  I was lucky enough to find a very well maintained red raider s for sale (which was my favorite color on the raider) and jumped on it, 6 years later and I'm still happy with my raider. 

It amazes me how many people still haven't heard of a Raider or even seen one.  Yamaha dropped the ball BIG TIME with their lack of advertising and pushing this bike.  It could have been one of the all time great selling metric bikes ever, just lack of advertising and aftermarket support for the Raider killed it. If Yamaha would have pushed the Raider the same way they pushed the Warrior, they would have sold twice as many bikes.

eakrob

• V Star
      « Reply #13 on: Apr 03, 2021, 10:32:47 pm »
      Yeah that is very true. They did not advertise this bike enough. I think they should bring it back with a bigger motor, 6 speed and a 5 gallon tank, keeping the same shape of the tank.

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #14 on: Apr 05, 2021, 08:24:55 am »
      Yep with 2 editions. A lower priced standard blacked out version, a chromed out "S" version. On the standard blacked out version EVERYTHING is blacked out with painted, or powder coated black including the forks, handlebars, engine, EVERYTHING. On the "S" chrome version chrome everything that is not painted black like the handle bar controls, swing arm, upper and lower belt guard, rims, with stainless steel braided lines. Also 2 USB ports on the side of the neck for easy cell charging. Only polished aluminum in areas super hard to clean and maintain like the inner engine fins. $15K standard and $18K "S" chrome version.