Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Z1R seat for their Raider?  (Read 3443 times)

FireNative

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
Anyone have experience with Z1R seat for their Raider?
« on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:45:07 pm »
Anyone have experience with a Z1R seat on their Raider or any other bike? I have been pricing after market seats and out of the
1) Saddlemen they said they don't make any seats for our Raider but I could buy one of there $112 gel pads XXL with cover
2) Mean City Cycles does a mod where they take your stock seat and can do different things to it like add gel and/or foam, they have about 10 different options ranging from $75 to $285 and $325 to add a double diamond pattern to my stock cover or $425 to add it to a new cover, $120 round trip shipping to ship to and from your seat to have the work done
3) Mustang Seats has a solo touring seat with removeable backrest for $550 and $100 for an added double diamond pattern on the seat in gray stitch and $10 flat shipping price
4) Ultimate Seats has a solo with removeable backrest for $540 and $60 for an added double diamond pattern on the seat in gray stitch $40 shipping
5) Corbin Seats has a Classic solo for $625 and $298 for a removeable backrest, no added price for double diamond seat pattern and silver stitch color, $55 shipping
6) Z1R has a solo w/ plug in backrest for $160 and $215 for a large removeable backrest I am waiting on a email to confirm the price for them to put on a double diamond pattern on the seat but my guess is $160 for seat, $215 for backrest, $100 for custom stitching, $50 for shipping and 10% local tax would make it about $575 total shipped with a custom double diamond stitch in gray (Emailed Z1R but they gave me the numbers to the 2 closest dealers to get 2 quotes still waiting for the prices maybe a week)

Does anyone have any experience with Z1R? Any good news? Any bad news? The Z1R seat even with custom stitching would be the cheapest I could find an aftermarket seat with backrest that fits our Raider. I have been emailing all the companies to make sure I don't remember the numbers and models wrong.

Any info on these or any other aftermarket seats that fit our Raiders is appreciated
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2021, 03:58:12 pm by FireNative »

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: Anyone have experience with Z1R seat for their Raider?
    « Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2021, 08:28:28 pm »
    Never tried the Z1R seat.

- Mustang solo:  comfy but sat my short ass up too high.  Returned

- Corbin dual touring:  comfy and was actually lower and set me forward some.  Kept it and recently had it re-stitched; looks great.

I've tried one of the Yamaha aftermarket seats (can''t 'member name) and it was awful. 

Is the OEM seat very uncomfortable for you?

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
    • Warrior
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2021, 09:06:47 am »
    I had a Z1R seat on a Raider and liked the style and comfort.
    Looked better and felt better than stock. Added a backrest to it also as its an extra.

Probably the best seat for comfort is the Ultimate which I have on one of my Raiders, and an Mustang on the other. Both fine for long distance riding that I do.

One of only around 85 or so Raider Owners in the UK

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Roadliner
      « Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2021, 03:40:45 pm »
      [quote   Is the OEM seat very uncomfortable for you?
      [/quote]

its not very uncomfortable but I would like an aftermarket seat as any aftermarket seat "should" be more comfortable and I wanted a double diamond pattern on the seat in a light gray or silver stitch for the looks and added comfort. I'm not a "Iron Butt" champ or even close but I want to be comfortable on my 8hr rides 5 days in a row on vacation and in 6yrs when I am scheduled to retire I want to ride the country so I want the most comfortable seat I can get at the lowest price. I will be adding a aftermarket seat, removeable backrest, removeable passenger seat, and 60L passenger bag. Next year I will probably add front and rear shocks for a more comfortable ride also.

Thanks everyone so far for the info keep it coming.

Also I called Corbin and they said any pattern, any stitch color, is included on the $625 seat price, $298 for backrest, $55 to ship to my address, and no tax, (only for a few states not including mine) so $978 total shipped to my zip code with a double diamond seat pattern in silver stitch with backrest.

Also out of Ultimate, Z1R, Mustang, Corbin, Saddlemen, and Mean City Cycles, only Saddlemen and MCC offer gel in their seats and Saddlemen does NOT offer ANY seats for our Raider I called and email to confirm, but I may buy a $112 Saddlemen gel pad to throw on top of my seat for long rides to help

Also if anyone wants to add a non-removeable driver backrest to your Raider unless you have a 2 piece seat with connected passenger seat this bolt on backrest should work for our Raider and is adjustable, new on Amazon for $143 + tax

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAMUWA6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3CRPKTTJDWQID&psc=1

If your aftermarket seat has a hole at the top for a removeable backrest and its a "EZ-Glide 2" then this backrest is new on Ebay for $115

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Z1R-EZ-Glide-II-Backrest-Convertible-Smooth-Black-Large-0822-0252-0822-0252/233914701635

Also does anyone have experience with Ashtech Seats? They do mods adding foam and gel to your seat and I have called and left a message for a quote and an email asking for a detailed quote on a mod to add foam and gel to my raider seat with also adding a double diamond stitch seat pattern with a silver stitch color shipped to and from my zip code. I will update with quotes hopefully within a week.
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2021, 04:17:49 pm by FireNative »

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2021, 04:58:44 pm »
      Here's another company you can take a look at - Sargent's they're about 5 miles from my house and they have done custom work for me before - they can recover and replace the foam in your stock seat pan.
      https://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/

FireNative

• Roadliner
      « Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2021, 06:29:47 pm »
      Thanks RoadKill I'll check them out. I can't get that link to work, and when I try to google search it that link isn't working either? Anyone else having a problem going to their site?

Pir8

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
      • V Star
      « Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2021, 06:38:53 pm »
      I have the Z1R two up with one backrest. I like it pretty well. Seems well made.  I have seats for my bolt from Saddleman, Corbin, and Mother Road Customs (but that's a springer, so not really the same).  The Z1r is NOT as nicely made as the Corbin, it's comparable to the Saddleman though.  I do like that the ENTIRE bottom is carpeted with a soft automotive carpet so it won't scratch paint.

The Raider Z1R double pushes you up and forward A LOT. It's also quite well padded and has nice back support.  I use the Stock seat in the winter because it drops you behind the bullet cowl the Z1R puts you in the wind more.  I'd say it's ALMOST like having a Stratoliner, where you sit more ON the bike than IN the bike.

My girlfriend LOVES the Z1R.  It's fantastic for passengers. I can get some pics tomorrow maybe.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2021, 06:54:50 pm »
      Thanks RoadKill I'll check them out. I can't get that link to work, and when I try to google search it that link isn't working either? Anyone else having a problem going to their site?
      I just clicked on it and it worked for me  :shrug:

FireNative

• Roadliner
      « Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2021, 12:37:15 am »
      I just clicked on it and it worked for me  :shrug:

Thanks now the link is working for me too