Author Topic: IVANS  (Read 1260 times)

Fasttimez

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
IVANS
« on: Mar 15, 2021, 07:10:25 pm »
OK guys, I bit bullet and sent my ECU off to Ivan today.  After talking with dave, I was contemplating on selling my bike.  But after riding it for a couple days, I just couldn't do it.  I will take the bike to the dyno (same one I always use) to see where it compares to my current setup.  I currently have BAM mod with K&N filter, FP exhaust and Cobra FI2000R programmer.  With these mods my bike made 95hp and 118tq.  Hopefully it'll be at least the same.  My thinking for the switch is pretty trivial. I know it says the Cobra is "water resistant", but I still wrap it up in plastic wrap before I wash the bike every time. If I can eliminate this plus all the wiring that goes along with the Cobra, I'll be happy.  Sounds dumb right, but I have had a PCIII take a crap on an older bike I had and left me stranded before.  Just wanting the peace of mind from that aspect.  The bike runs flawlessly now and aside from having to put a fuel pump in it, it's been a solid bike.  Hopefully Ivan's will reenergize my enthusiasm for the bike.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    Re: IVANS
    « Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2021, 07:31:48 pm »
    Glad to hear she is staying in the stable brother !
    Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

Fasttimez

• Warrior
    « Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2021, 07:44:07 pm »
    Glad to hear she is staying in the stable brother !

Yeah man, all it took was a couple of sunny days and some open road to show me flawed train of thought....LoL  Funny thing, I always get compliments of my bike while out riding, but those few days it seemed everyone that pulled up beside me was giving me the thumbs up, it was like the world telling me not to sell it.

• Advertisement

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2021, 07:47:54 pm »
      You will be able to remove the Cobra tuner once you get your ECU back from Ivans.

You gain a better throttle response, the bike seems smoother as any glitches are ironed out. The rev limiter is increased from red-lining at 5200 to 5800

It's a better ride all round.

Enjoy
      One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

Sgt Fury

• 2012 Raider SCL #188
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2021, 12:39:34 am »
      IVANS has been discussed on this forum for a long time, so what is his latest fee for the ECU update?   If you make future dramatic upgrades to the bike, will he reflash at a discount if it even is needed?  Thanks!    O8O
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2021, 12:45:53 am by Sgt Fury »

There's no substitute for cubic inches and a good engine management system!   Hmmm, well maybe a blower, NOS or turbo....

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2021, 08:30:59 am »
      Fasttimez why was you contemplating selling your Raider? Not enough riding days? Not enough power? Looking at a different bike? Finances? None of my business? Just wondering as with the Raider I love how if you want clean cruising no passenger seat of pegs, or custom 240mm no mods or 300mm with mods, or full dresser with bags, 2 up seating with full windshield with or without instrument panel, it all works on our Raider. The only thing I wish it had was 2 fast charging USB ports (3.2 type A and C) on the side of the neck to keep my cell charged while riding, so I wouldn't have had to wire it myself. Just wondering if you where looking at a different bike? Hope you fall in love again with your baby.
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2021, 08:33:46 am by FireNative »

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2021, 12:23:41 pm »
      Fasttimez why was you contemplating selling your Raider? Not enough riding days? Not enough power? Looking at a different bike? Finances? None of my business? Just wondering as with the Raider I love how if you want clean cruising no passenger seat of pegs, or custom 240mm no mods or 300mm with mods, or full dresser with bags, 2 up seating with full windshield with or without instrument panel, it all works on our Raider. The only thing I wish it had was 2 fast charging USB ports (3.2 type A and C) on the side of the neck to keep my cell charged while riding, so I wouldn't have had to wire it myself. Just wondering if you where looking at a different bike? Hope you fall in love again with your baby.

I have 3 different windshields for it, 2 different seats, 2 sets of highway bars, 3 different backrests, 4 sets of pegs, had LED lighting all over, 3 different audio setups, 2 different exhausts, countless pieces of luggage options, etc.  I've tried basically every different setup there is short of turning it into a full on bagger.  I was just at the point where it was either sell it and start tinkering with something else, or keep it and do a couple more things like aftermarket wheels and some drag bars maybe.  I decided ultimately to keep it because I do enjoy riding it, and I've always been the one who wants to be different (like NOT riding a HD bagger like 99% of America does now).  I'm the guy who walks past every bagger to look at the Road King, Wide Glide or VTX.  Nothing wrong with baggers, just if you've seen one you've seen them all by now. 

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2021, 07:03:27 pm »
      IVANS has been discussed on this forum for a long time, so what is his latest fee for the ECU update?   If you make future dramatic upgrades to the bike, will he reflash at a discount if it even is needed?  Thanks!    O8O

Sgt

My experience was that I had the upgrade and it worked great on my Raiders.

When Ivan upgraded the software, he would re-flash the ones already flashed for free. That enabled me to remove the Cobra Powrpro.

Every ECU done, he inscribes a unique number on it along with a Ivan Re-flash sticker, so he knows he has previously done it.

I doubt he will re-flash if you've had it once and YOU change your set-up though
      One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2021, 07:53:30 pm »
      Talked to Ivan today, ECU is done and in the mail headed back.

Sgt Fury

• 2012 Raider SCL #188
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2021, 11:19:06 pm »
      What does IVAN charge for the ECU flash nowadays?    :poke:

There's no substitute for cubic inches and a good engine management system!   Hmmm, well maybe a blower, NOS or turbo....

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2021, 06:08:43 am »
      What does IVAN charge for the ECU flash nowadays?    :poke:

It was $376 total for the flash and return shipping cost.  I paid $34 to ship to him via UPS with $500 insurance and signature required upon delivery.  So basically you're looking at around $400 total out of pocket for the flash and shipping both ways. 

Sgt Fury

• 2012 Raider SCL #188
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2021, 03:31:45 pm »
      Thanks guys!  Sounds like his price for Raiders has been pretty much the same the past recent years then.   :thumbs:

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2021, 07:24:18 pm »
      Got my ECU back today and got it installed.  The bike starts and runs (that's always good) LoL.  One thing I did notice, my bike now takes longer to start than before. With the Cobra and my new Anti-Gravity battery, it would spin up fast, like 3/4 of a revolution and it starts. Now it spins about 3 revolutions before it starts (almost like it did with the OEM battery).  I'm guessing this is due to something in the reprogramming (no big deal really, just something my OCD noticed).  Also I could tell it was running richer than before at idle (could explain the delayed starting) which would also explain why the fuel tuner is no longer needed.  Like I said, these are not real concerns of mine, just observations I made.  I'll get it out on the road hopefully this weekend for some test riding and report back, then it's on to the dyno. 

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2021, 09:05:28 am »
      :thumbs:
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

heftysmurf

• Road Star
      « Reply #14 on: Mar 30, 2021, 11:33:52 am »
      So are you going to be running it with the Cobra or have you removed the Cobra all together.
      2011 Raider S