Author Topic: Throw over saddlebags  (Read 781 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Throw over saddlebags
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2021, 10:37:09 am »
Here's my bike in a previous life...bagged up....lol (Circa 3-16-11).  Cortech Sport bags can be "thrown" on.  I used all of these bags on my FZ1 too, except for the Kuryakyn (backrest bag).  Very versatile.  When expanded, you can fit a full face helmet, plus some in them.

Ill end up with something similar to this, but Ill have the mrs on the passenger pillion...
We've used the bags many times with her on the back.  Just without the tail bag that you see on her seat.

That makes sense. I just don't have the rear rack.

I still have a set of motorcycle luggage I bought off a local guy as part of a bundle and I have never used it. I prefer a large duffle bag.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Preacher

• V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2021, 01:53:11 pm »
    Have you considered just getting your wife her own bike and then strapping luggage on like I do?

I would love that! Shes tried in the past but she is very intimidated by the thought. I want to get a little 250 rebel and see if I can get her to enjoy it....in the mean time, we ride two up...

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    « Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2021, 03:49:17 pm »
    Have you considered just getting your wife her own bike and then strapping luggage on like I do?

I would love that! Shes tried in the past but she is very intimidated by the thought. I want to get a little 250 rebel and see if I can get her to enjoy it....in the mean time, we ride two up...

Have her take the Motorcycle survival course. That's what my wife and I did. I had her take it just in case we were out and something bad happened and she needed to take over the bike. She loved it so much she wanted her own. They teach on 250s. Her first bike was a V-Star 650. Now she's on a Stryker. At least that way she could try it out and see if it even appeal to her and you're only out around $300 for the course.

• Advertisement

Preacher

• V Star
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2021, 06:59:13 pm »

Have her take the Motorcycle survival course. That's what my wife and I did. I had her take it just in case we were out and something bad happened and she needed to take over the bike. She loved it so much she wanted her own. They teach on 250s. Her first bike was a V-Star 650. Now she's on a Stryker. At least that way she could try it out and see if it even appeal to her and you're only out around $300 for the course.

Wonderful advice! I simply must look into this and try to find it in my area!

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2021, 10:41:33 pm »
      Those removeable liner bags actually look like they'd fit my Tsukayu Coner bags really well. Knowing me though, I'd stuff them too full and they'd be hard to remove.