Author Topic: Commander V Removal for Ivan new Flash  (Read 1532 times)

Luke

• 2011 Raider - Roll on!
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
Commander V Removal for Ivan new Flash
« on: Mar 30, 2021, 12:05:05 pm »
Need a little help.  I completely removed the Commander V with no other input accessories and noticed my O2 Sensor was never plugged in.  Is there anything else I would need to do before starting the bike once I get the ECU back from Ivan?

Ivan stated there would be a connector for the O2 sensor spot under the fuse box.  I am not aware of what he is talking about, I did not install it.   I was not at my bike for him to guide me on it.  Does anyone know what he is referring too?

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Preacher

• V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: Commander V Removal for Ivan new Flash
    « Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2021, 02:01:57 pm »
    Need a little help.  I completely removed the Commander V with no other input accessories and noticed my O2 Sensor was never plugged in.  Is there anything else I would need to do before starting the bike once I get the ECU back from Ivan?

Ivan stated there would be a connector for the O2 sensor spot under the fuse box.  I am not aware of what he is talking about, I did not install it.   I was not at my bike for him to guide me on it.  Does anyone know what he is referring too?

I知 riding up there this weekend for him to flash my ecu on the spot, if the question is not answered before then I値l be happy to get him to point at it and I値l take a picture for you....

Luke

• 2011 Raider - Roll on!
    • Warrior
    « Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2021, 02:19:45 pm »

I知 riding up there this weekend for him to flash my ecu on the spot, if the question is not answered before then I値l be happy to get him to point at it and I値l take a picture for you....

Great Thanks

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2021, 06:55:53 am »
      Ivan told me to just leave it disconnected

Luke

• 2011 Raider - Roll on!
      • Warrior
      « Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2021, 08:41:37 pm »
      See Pics.  There is a resister that is in the connection where the O2 sensor would attach to that you would need to remove.  Did not know this had to be done.  Hope this helps someone else with the same issue.

Luke

• 2011 Raider - Roll on!
      • Warrior
      « Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2021, 08:43:44 pm »
      Got my ECU back from Ivan today with the current update.  Everything works.

Preacher

• V Star
      « Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2021, 04:33:14 pm »
      Just got back from Ivan痴, he took the time to show me where it was on my bike, then went over to his and showed me on it. I have pics of both (his being the spotless one!!!) He also confirmed that it does not need to be connected after the flash. He said you will need to find a bolt to fit your pipes and that痴 it.

eakrob

• V Star
      « Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2021, 08:14:38 pm »
      I sent my ecu off to Ivan yesterday. I removed my PC5 already. I had no idea, there were somethings to be removed. I'm totally in the dark on this one, so this really help me. I'm going to go take a look at my raider to see if I can locate these things.

eakrob

• V Star
      « Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2021, 09:10:25 pm »
      Yep, I found the resister in that location. I removed it and did not reconnect the O2 sensor. Thanks Preacher and Luke! I learned something today.

eakrob

• V Star
      « Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2021, 09:54:14 pm »
      Guys, I got my ecu back from Ivan today. I plug it in and all could say was OMG. What the heck have I been waiting on? It rides so much better, just smoother all the way around, and the torque was unbelievable. The throttle response was awesome. I haven't even changed the filter yet. I had a full tank of gas, so hopefully Saturday. Ivan made a believer out of me, WOW! It's better than any setup I've ever had on a Raider.

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #10 on: Apr 09, 2021, 08:04:04 am »
      Guys, I got my ecu back from Ivan today. I plug it in and all could say was OMG. What the heck have I been waiting on? It rides so much better, just smoother all the way around, and the torque was unbelievable. The throttle response was awesome. I haven't even changed the filter yet. I had a full tank of gas, so hopefully Saturday. Ivan made a believer out of me, WOW! It's better than any setup I've ever had on a Raider.

Glad you like it... Nearly everyone does. It makes several improvements so now just ride  :raider:
      One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #11 on: Apr 21, 2021, 03:28:02 pm »
      OK, I havje been missing in action on the forum for about a year or so, does Ivan have new updates to the ECU?

eakrob

• V Star
      « Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 2021, 09:19:23 am »
      I believe the last update was in 2017.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2021, 01:59:19 am »
      I'm going to have to give Ivan a call, I can't remember when I got my last update.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #14 on: Apr 23, 2021, 04:47:46 pm »
      I'm going to have to give Ivan a call, I can't remember when I got my last update.
      have the numbers ivan etches onto the ECU and he can tell you if you have the most up to date
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires