Author Topic: Kuryakyn Road Thunder Sound Bar  (Read 338 times)

leondegrance

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Kuryakyn Road Thunder Sound Bar
« on: Mar 30, 2021, 09:04:30 pm »

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Preacher

• V Star
    Re: Kuryakyn Road Thunder Sound Bar
    « Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2021, 07:21:55 am »
    This is the first Iíve seen one. Quite pricey! It does not look too complicated to install though, Iím sure it would fit. I personally went with Bluetooth helmets for me and the wife, we can communicate easy and we donít have to worry about helmet laws when traveling....

Good luck to you if you get it, I hope you love it!!!!

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2021, 07:44:00 am »
    Looking at the specs it may sound pretty good but with only 20W RMS or so I canít imagine you would be able to hear it at highway speedís that clear. The Cowl speaker set up I made for my bike has 50W RMS and I can hear it at highway speed Ďs, but if it was less I could not
    Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

• Advertisement

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2021, 06:06:12 am »
      Looking at the specs it may sound pretty good but with only 20W RMS or so I canít imagine you would be able to hear it at highway speedís that clear. The Cowl speaker set up I made for my bike has 50W RMS and I can hear it at highway speed Ďs, but if it was less I could not
      Dave's correct, you're gonna need POWER to be able to hear your tunes clearly at any speed above 50 mph.  I've never tried this sound bar, but have tried several bar mounted speaker systems and they all sucked. I even road a guys bike who had 2 speakers on the bars and 2 mounted on his crash bar, still could barely hear it above 50mph. 

713Raider

• V Star
      « Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2021, 04:11:10 pm »
      Has anyone installed one of these on their raider?

https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/6155/kuryakyn-road-thunder-sound-bar-plus-by-mtx

Unless you ride with a tall windshield the majority of the time, you will probably lose sound at highway speeds. Last thing you want to do is run them at max volume all the time and wear out those tiny speakers.

Jargo

• Road Star
      « Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2021, 08:39:21 am »
      Has anyone installed one of these on their raider?

https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/6155/kuryakyn-road-thunder-sound-bar-plus-by-mtx

I have this Sound bar and it sounds great, with Freedom Performance exhuast on my Stryker and can still hear this at highway speeds.

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2021, 09:53:33 pm »
      With a cowl , the sound is definitely directed more to the face/ears of the rider and will sound better then just the speaker mounted to handlebars !
      This is my set up I came up with years ago and it jams pretty good up to 80-90mph
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..