Author Topic: Kuryakyn Road Thunder Sound Bar  (Read 1962 times)

Fasttimez

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Kuryakyn Road Thunder Sound Bar
« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2021, 06:22:31 am »
Getting back on topic at 20W RMS I can't even imagine being able to hear that at any speed over city driving.  A full fairing would help and perhaps even a windshield but with nothing to block the wind you're not going to hear anything. IMO.

As stated earlier I have this Sound bar and it sounds great, with Freedom Performance exhaust on my Stryker which is almost too loud,  and I can still hear this at highway speeds. Not opinion, but fact.

Would a Full fairing or windshield make it better absolutely.

You must have amazing hearing to be able to hear it clearly at 80 mph with no windshield....

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Jargo

• Road Star
    « Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2021, 08:19:42 am »
    Getting back on topic at 20W RMS I can't even imagine being able to hear that at any speed over city driving.  A full fairing would help and perhaps even a windshield but with nothing to block the wind you're not going to hear anything. IMO.

As stated earlier I have this Sound bar and it sounds great, with Freedom Performance exhaust on my Stryker which is almost too loud,  and I can still hear this at highway speeds. Not opinion, but fact.

You must have amazing hearing to be able to hear it clearly at 80 mph with no windshield....

It sits inside my cowl as shown in earlier picture. Also in Canada our highways are limited to 60 MPH but yes I can still hear it even with these old ears. ;)

Fasttimez

• Warrior
    « Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2021, 08:30:50 am »

It sits inside my cowl as shown in earlier picture. Also in Canada our highways are limited to 60 MPH but yes I can still hear it even with these old ears. ;)
    Doing 60 mph on our highways will get you run over quick....LoL  Gotta be doing at least 75, but 80 is the norm.  My experience with these type of systems is 55-60 max, then the wind rushing past your head will drown out the speakers. The best I've ever heard was a custom made 2 speaker system with a 600 watt amp, speakers were rated at 200 watts RMS. I prefer Bluetooth earbuds, no wiring anything up and you can hear your tunes clearly.   

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2021, 10:53:12 am »
      I use speakers that I have installed in the speaker pockets in my helmet. It uses the old fashioned method of wires, which is actually kind of nice since I run it down to my pocket to my phone. This way I have no chance of leaving the house and forgetting my phone.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #19 on: Apr 29, 2021, 05:15:37 am »
      I use speakers that I have installed in the speaker pockets in my helmet. It uses the old fashioned method of wires, which is actually kind of nice since I run it down to my pocket to my phone. This way I have no chance of leaving the house and forgetting my phone.

Now that's a great idea...  ;)

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 2021, 10:50:49 am »

Bluetooth would accomplish the same thing if the phone is used as the music source.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Apr 30, 2021, 01:27:40 am »

Bluetooth would accomplish the same thing if the phone is used as the music source.

I was talking about the "no chance of leaving the house and forgetting my phone." as the great idea...  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #22 on: Apr 30, 2021, 10:54:10 am »

I was talking about the "no chance of leaving the house and forgetting my phone." as the great idea...  ;D

Exactly.  That's why I said Bluetooth would accomplish the same thing if the phone is used as the music source. If your phone is the source of music and you leave the house without it, you won't have any music playing through the Bluetooth speakers.