Author Topic: Error 37 ISC Issue  (Read 515 times)

IronHorse

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Error 37 ISC Issue
« on: Apr 05, 2021, 07:07:15 pm »
Hello All,

So got a check engine light today with an error code 37 stuck isc I believe on my way home from work I was sitting a light waiting for someone weighing a bit more to help me trip the traffics senor in the road. damn light kept skipping me. I probably sat for about 4 mins engine running as I accelerated of least I be cought by the light again, the CE light comes on. It did sound like it was idling a little high and as I was only a mile from home proceeded that way. About a half mile in light goes off and I get it to the garage shut it down give it a few mins starts up fine and idles fine. this happened to me once before a few months back( same light goes out on its own) and has been running fine since. looking through the manual at the fixes and I wanted to ask.

1) Should I replace the ISC or is it just a stupid thing happens occasionally?
2) Should I avoided riding until its fixed any risk of damage if the light comes on again?(the throttle idle didn't sound much higher than normal certainly less than I roll on it "catching up" to everyone else.)

The beast is a 2014 SCL with Ivans tune and air kit and cobra swept exhaust if that helps.

Thanks!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

IronHorse

• V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: Error 37 ISC Issue
    « Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2021, 11:29:39 am »
    It appears this may have been an issue with the battery being 8 years old. While able to maintain a static 12.6 volts looks like it wasn't able to handle load. I think this may have caused a false sensor reading as the issue has not re occurred since replacing the battery.

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2021, 12:44:55 pm »
    I could see that. Bad batteries will give all kinds of crazy results.

I have a Virago that I could run around the block when I first got it and it would foul the plugs by the time I got back and it would not restart again without cleaning or replacing the plugs.  I put in a new battery and it never did it again.

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2021, 01:31:49 am »
      Glad you found the problem, now get out and enjoy...  ;)