Author Topic: Paint  (Read 356 times)

Centauri

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Paint
« on: May 26, 2021, 09:25:39 am »
I made the mistake of getting a rear seat Saddlemen bag. It's a great bag except it has marred the paint on the rear fender because of the way it drops down over the sides of the pillion. I'm wondering if a novice can get a good result with the proper paint, taping off the areas that need to be repaired and touching it up? The scuffed areas are 4 separate quarter size points on the fender. Has anyone done paint touch ups with good or maybe disastrous results?
I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they canít hypnotize you.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

toy

• Roadliner
    Re: Paint
    « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 10:36:48 am »
    If there is enough paint left to wet sand, the easiest thing would be to prep the whole fender and clear over it.
    If there isnt enough paint and metal is showing when you sand or buff, it would be better to paint the whole fender. spot repair is always going to show at least a little. more if its done poorly.
    There are only 10 types of people, those who can read binary and those who cant.

Centauri

• V Star
    Re: Paint
    « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 03:11:35 am »
    I'll just bring it in for an estimate. Proper painting is over my pay grade. Thanks.
    I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they canít hypnotize you.