Author Topic: Raider Tires  (Read 610 times)

Centauri

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Raider Tires
« on: May 28, 2021, 11:24:53 am »
It's time for new tires again. I've always used Metzeler 880 Marathons. Those are pretty much out of the picture now so the choice is Metzeler 888 Ultra Marathon. Front and rear installed on the bike is about $700. I can get Bridgestone Exedra's front and rear installed for $400. If money were no object I'd get the Metzeler. It is however so while I could do both tires it would be more comfortable financially to do the front now and rear later. I could probably get through the summer on my current rear but I like to do both tires at the same time.
So...I'm looking for people that have Bridgestone's on their Raider and what their experience has been. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 04:17:38 pm by Centauri »
I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they canít hypnotize you.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Dirtiegirtie

• Road Star
    Re: Raider Tires
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 02:13:42 pm »
    I think you're going to hear that 90% of the folks on this forum use Avon Cobra Chromes. I'm half way through putting my 240 Avon on (got the wheel off and broke the beads last night... now it's "off with the old, on with the new").

If you really want to get folks going though, ask if they think a 240 will fit on the stock rim.  :o

Centauri

• V Star
    « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 04:16:47 pm »
    The 210/40 R18 isn't available. I've looked and it's Metzeler or Bridgestone. Anyway I paid for the Metzeler 888's this afternoon. Thanks.
    I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they canít hypnotize you.

• Advertisement

toy

• Roadliner
      « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 06:16:59 pm »
      Ive never changed front and rear at the same time. Close a few times... Ive gotten 2 rears for every front change, except the one time i ran avon front, i got three rear changes before the front swap.
      There are only 10 types of people, those who can read binary and those who cant.

Centauri

• V Star
      « Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 02:52:10 pm »
      I'm anal.

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 09:31:24 am »
      Michelin used to make a 240.  Havenít been able to find any lately. Anyone know if they still make it?

xmanrigger

• Roadliner
      « Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 01:59:22 pm »
      Ive never changed front and rear at the same time. Close a few times... Ive gotten 2 rears for every front change, except the one time i ran avon front, i got three rear changes before the front swap.

Same. 2 rear tires to a front, per season. Switched to Avon when stock Metzeler was done. Not sure if Metzeler fixed it, but front tire tread pattern seemed backwards. Switched to Avon when stock front tire done as well.

2012 Raider / V&H Big Radius 2-1 / Cobra Fi2000 DFP / Baron Stealth Big Air / Avon AV72 Cobra Rear Tire /

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 06:41:19 pm »
      Nothing but Avon's for me. However I am the odd man out as usually wearing my front out before or close to the rear. Pushing it into turns too hard without braking I believe is what is chewing them up so soon. :( Therefore my days of 1 front to 2 rears has been over since I got the Raider. My Vmax will probably be 1 to 2 hopefully.