Author Topic: Raider Tires  (Read 2409 times)

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Raider Tires
« Reply #15 on: Sep 29, 2021, 07:14:40 pm »
Is there a Avon Cobra Chrome available for the regular 210 size? I can't find some here.
I don't think that I can get a 240 here in Germany without having problems with the police.
Only two tires are available here in 210, Bridgestone Exedra and the Metz.
Recently I alomost had an accident due to rain and the poor grip of the metz  :timeout:, I have to get rid of them. exactly the same problems as I had with my Honda.

dersteirer I have a similar problem here that my dealership will not install 240mm tires on the stock rim because it is larger than the rim diameter is made for, (yes I know the forum has no problem with making it work but a the dealership will not take the liability of putting an out of spec tire on a rim because "people on the internet said it works") so I go the Exedra front and rear because it was the cheapest 210 rear tire I could find and to keep the front a match with the rear. I haven't had any problems with them yet but I don't corner hard and have only scrapped pegs twice so for in 8K miles but we will see hopefully after next month when I take my motorcycle in the Smokey's for 12 days. 😎👍
change the tires yourself it's not that hard to do,  they a 50 bead breaker from Harbor freight,   a couple tire irons  and aone rim protectors,  I can pull the rear wheel  off remove and replace tire and remount in 1 hr

Fiddles what kind of tire/motorcycle jack do you use to change the tire?
I have a craftsman Aluminum bike back and I raise it high enough to use a regular floor jack under the tire to lower and pull out from under the bike
V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

joseph56

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Sep 29, 2021, 07:56:17 pm »
    I'm looking to replace my tires myself like others   but in the past the dealers have balance as also put weights on the rim   is that/this a concern or something I need to think about   any help is greatly appreciated  8)

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #17 on: Sep 30, 2021, 05:19:06 am »
    I'm looking to replace my tires myself like others   but in the past the dealers have balance as also put weights on the rim   is that/this a concern or something I need to think about   any help is greatly appreciated  8)
    you can use Ride On Tire sealant and ballancer or Dyna beads
    V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

• Advertisement

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #18 on: Sep 30, 2021, 07:07:55 am »

You can use stick-on weights if you know how and have the equipment to balance your wheel/s.
      Usually only the front requires balancing but if you are able to do one, then do them both
      One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #19 on: Sep 30, 2021, 10:00:48 am »
      you can use Ride On Tire sealant and ballancer or Dyna beads

Ride-On Tire sealant and Balancer!!!

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2021, 08:37:03 pm »

Not a concern at all in my bookÖ. Thatís the way Iíve balanced rims/tires for 25+ years. Most shops know what they are doing and even have chrome,black and silver weights that blend into the looks of most wheels
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..