Author Topic: Seats  (Read 1651 times)

Centauri

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Seats
« on: May 29, 2021, 02:56:34 pm »
I've got the stock seat on my Raider. I also have a cracked tailbone so most of my rides are only as long as I can bear the pain. I'm seat shopping. Has anyone tried the
Z1R Predator on their bike?
I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they can’t hypnotize you.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: Seats
    « Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 02:34:45 pm »
    I don't know about the Predator but I have a similar problem with my back and I got the Ultimate, it's the best seat I have ever had my ass in.  A bit spendy but for me it is worth every penny.

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 07:52:46 pm »
    I couldn’t use that seat because we ride two up pretty often and that pillion would get vetoed right to start with.  I got the Ultimate on earthdawg and had the Mustang on my white Raider, I like the Mustang better but the ultimate is nice too, both had the backrest, I can go all day on it as long as my back holds up.

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 08:30:46 pm »
      Anyone have experience with a Z1R seat on their Raider or any other bike? I have been pricing after market seats and out of the
      1) Saddlemen they said they don't make any seats for our Raider but I could buy one of there $112 gel pads XXL with cover
      2) Mean City Cycles does a mod where they take your stock seat and can do different things to it like add gel and/or foam, they have about 10 different options ranging from $75 to $285 and $325 to add a double diamond pattern to my stock cover or $425 to add it to a new cover, $120 round trip shipping to ship to and from your seat to have the work done
      3) Mustang Seats has a solo touring seat with removeable backrest for $550 and $100 for an added double diamond pattern on the seat in gray stitch and $10 flat shipping price
      4) Ultimate Seats has a solo with removeable backrest for $540 and $60 for an added double diamond pattern on the seat in gray stitch $40 shipping
      5) Corbin Seats has a Classic solo for $625 and $298 for a removeable backrest, no added price for double diamond seat pattern and silver stitch color, $55 shipping
      6) Z1R has a solo w/ plug in backrest for $160 and $215 for a large removeable backrest I am waiting on a email to confirm the price for them to put on a double diamond pattern on the seat but my guess is $160 for seat, $215 for backrest, $100 for custom stitching, $50 for shipping and 10% local tax would make it about $575 total shipped with a custom double diamond stitch in gray (Emailed Z1R but they gave me the numbers to the 2 closest dealers to get 2 quotes still waiting for the prices maybe a week)

Does anyone have any experience with Z1R? Any good news? Any bad news? The Z1R seat even with custom stitching would be the cheapest I could find an aftermarket seat with backrest that fits our Raider. I have been emailing all the companies to make sure I don't remember the numbers and models wrong.

Any info on these or any other aftermarket seats that fit our Raiders is appreciated

that was the info i found from March 9th of this year. You may want to check out my thread titled, "Anyone have experience with Z1R seat for their Raider?" from the same day. It has replies for more info. I also have info from my other thread titled, "$84 Removeable Stock driver seat backrest (UPDATED)" it has info on the cheapest removeable driver backrest for use with the stock passenger seat or stock driver seat, both are for the driver to have a back rest. I personally have the hardware for the stock driver seat and it works good enough you just have to keep bending it back as your weight will bend the metal bracket to the rear fender and scratch the paint if you don't put a rubber pad between them. That post should also have the link for a non removeable driver backrest that does NOT bent and scratch the paint but its about $150

Centauri also since you are new here, these are some tips. You may want to go to the, "search" icon on the top of the homepage of the site and search your subject, (in this case seats) and read the info of those threads before making a new thread that way you can express the info you have and ask for updated or additional info. I hope you find want you are looking for.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 08:33:48 pm by FireNative »

Centauri

• V Star
      « Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 08:33:57 am »
      "Centauri also since you are new here, these are some tips"
      I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they can’t hypnotize you.

RETiRED raider rider

• Road Star
      « Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2021, 11:27:42 am »

I realize this is a bit late, but i read a review on the 2012 raider s.c.l. which stated the stock leather seats were made by saddleman.

Do not remember who wrote it but it was by a knowledgeable motorcycle reviewer as per the article.

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2021, 05:34:25 pm »
      I am seat shopping too, but I am looking for a stock passenger pillion to go with my Ultimate. If anybody has one that they want to sell, pm me...thanks.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2021, 05:43:07 pm »
      I am seat shopping too, but I am looking for a stock passenger pillion to go with my Ultimate. If anybody has one that they want to sell, pm me...thanks.

Someone should be able to help you in the USA, but if you are struggling let me know and see what is costs to ship you one I have from the UK
      One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2021, 05:45:27 pm »

Someone should be able to help you in the USA, but if you are struggling let me know and see what is costs to ship you one I have from the UK

I am sure someone has one...thanks Kev.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2021, 06:14:32 pm »

I think I have like 3 of these. Let me see what I can find and it's yours for the cost of shipping.

UPDATE:  They were super easy to find. I had them on a shelf directly above my Raider in the garage. One has suction cups on it. I'm sending one of the others. Just PM your address info.
      « Last Edit: Oct 30, 2021, 08:16:05 pm by Ares X »

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2021, 07:26:59 pm »

I think I have like 3 of these. Let me see what I can find and it's yours for the cost of shipping.

UPDATE:  They were super easy to find. I had them on a shelf directly above my Raider in the garage. One has suction cups on it. I'm sending one of the others. Just PM your address info.

Thanks.  I appreciate your help.
      « Last Edit: Oct 30, 2021, 08:15:56 pm by Ares X »