Author Topic: Oh crap, wasn't expecting it that way...  (Read 688 times)

Badbluraider

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Oh crap, wasn't expecting it that way...
« on: May 30, 2021, 01:00:41 pm »
Well it finally happened but not in the way I thought it would. I had flat spotted my V&H 2in2 front heat shield numerous times and it developed a crack from the bottom up into the good chrome. I drilled a small hole to keep the crack from moving. However yesterday was riding around the lake and got into a turn a little hot and had to lay it over further for a longer time. Had no idea this happened until stopping for fuel. I have had Freedom Sharp Curves in the box for 6 or 8 months but I really love my V&H's. If anyone has a front heat shield that they could part with give me a shout. If any other suggestions I am open but it would have to look real good since I am OCD with my bikes.  ;D
Thanks in advance!!!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: Oh crap, wasn't expecting it that way...
    « Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 02:23:57 pm »
    Damn... First time I have seen that on anyone's bike, hope someone can help you out here, good luck.

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 06:29:58 pm »
    There ya go tearing stuff up bro .... you need to slow down and enjoy the ride lol   ;D ;)
    Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 06:50:00 pm »
      There ya go tearing stuff up bro .... you need to slow down and enjoy the ride lol   ;D ;)
      It's funny you say that, this happened in one of the first few turns up there. Therefore I did back out of it some but it turned out to be too little too late an hour later ??? I am sure you would slowed down also man ;D LOL

Sgt Fury

• 2012 Raider SCL #188
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 09:11:59 pm »
      WOW!  I'd also say from the foot peg pins being chewed into oblivion, that curves don't intimidate you!!!    Be safe brother!!   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 09:13:47 pm by Sgt Fury »

There's no substitute for cubic inches and a good engine management system!   Hmmm, well maybe a blower, NOS or turbo....

Centauri

• V Star
      « Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 08:41:03 am »
      Ouch. I've got the same pipes, I didn't know this was possible. Sorry this happened to you but I'm glad you made me aware this could happen. Unfortunately a lot of lessons are learned the hard way.
      I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they canít hypnotize you.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 04:50:43 pm »
      Well it finally happened but not in the way I thought it would. I had flat spotted my V&H 2in2 front heat shield numerous times and it developed a crack from the bottom up into the good chrome. I drilled a small hole to keep the crack from moving. However yesterday was riding around the lake and got into a turn a little hot and had to lay it over further for a longer time. Had no idea this happened until stopping for fuel. I have had Freedom Sharp Curves in the box for 6 or 8 months but I really love my V&H's. If anyone has a front heat shield that they could part with give me a shout. If any other suggestions I am open but it would have to look real good since I am OCD with my bikes.  ;D
      Thanks in advance!!!
      Put heat wrap on the pipes and don't worry bout the chrome

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 2021, 09:38:51 am »
      Thanks in advance!!!
      Put heat wrap on the pipes and don't worry bout the chrome

I was thinking the same thing, but it looks like there may be a bracket in the way to make wrapping it tough.

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2021, 10:52:15 pm »
      Trying like heck to keep these pipes on until I find the Y335HC front cylinder front heatshield. Called V&H again yesterday,  no got :(  Somebody has got one somewhere in a shop. It's just finding them. Until then, through some 1200į heat paint on there and going to wait till it wears a hole in the header then put the Sharp Curves on.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2021, 10:54:41 pm by Badbluraider »