Author Topic: Cobra Fuel Pack help needed  (Read 233 times)

Daveo

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Cobra Fuel Pack help needed
« on: Jun 14, 2021, 01:42:37 pm »
Im hoping someone can me advice as to running problems Im having with a Cobra Fi2000 O2 closed loop fuel pack which I recently fitted to  my Raider.. bike came to me with aftermarket pipes, they are like cobra longshots but have no markings on them , problem was a mid range spluttering and hard acceleration was very rough. after I fitted the cobra fuel processor several weeks ago and then took it out to set it up as per the instructions and a you tube video . after several hours of running the bike and making adjustments the bike ran much better , it revved smoothly and pulled without spluttering . Ive been happy with the result until this last week when the bike started the same mid range spluttering as previously , with the seat off and revving the bike, I could see that the amber mid range led was not lighting when the engine revved, it went from green straight to red,   I managed to cure this by turning up the mid range adjustment . All ok again until this weekend , once again the same bogging on hard acceleration. which was cured again by turning up both the mid and high range pots , the bike now runs smooth right up the rev range and only spluttered a tiny  bit right at the top revs , by then Im running out of my test road and I can live with that.  My question is why would the spluttering return and I need to re adjust this processor , I have checked the fuel consumption and got 36 mpg on a run with some quite fast riding , the plugs were a nice brown colour on the electrode , but slightly sooty on the base of the body . I removed the O2 sensor , it had a very light coat of dusty soot around the base , but nothing to suspect the bike was not running ok . Does any body have direct experience of running a raider with the closed loop Cobra unit ? , I rang round a few "tuning  Experts"  and got advice varying from " bin it and fit a power commander " to fit an O2 sensor eliminator . Any advice or comments would be welcome

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Dirtiegirtie

• Road Star
    Re: Cobra Fuel Pack help needed
    « Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2021, 02:47:24 pm »
    I do not have a Cobra FI2000 unit. My bike has the Ivan flashed ECU.

However, from your post, it sounded to me that you were fighting with a computer. What I mean is, "You want it louder, so you turn up the volume. The computer keeps analyzing the volume and keeps adjusting the volume down in the background... so you turn it up again."

So I did a quick search:
    https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=5370.0

I think it's the 5'th post in the thread that struck me as possibly being the answer for you.

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: Cobra Fuel Pack help needed
    « Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2021, 05:17:55 pm »
    Is it possible the Cobra controller got wet?  There are a few threads on this forum about Cobra FI problems when wet.  That aside, many would recommend you get your ECU flashed by Ivan.  You won't need a fuel controller and the rev limiter is adjusted for higher RPMs.