Author Topic: Lowering Links  (Read 377 times)

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Lowering Links
« on: Jun 26, 2021, 02:41:28 pm »
I bought a set of lowering links off someone and they seem to be FUBAR'd. They were never used and had the PacificCoast paper wrappedd around them but one is the same length as the stock dog bone and the other is about a quarter of an inch longer. What should be the length of these things compared to stock?
Sent from my TRS-80 using BASIC

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Dirtiegirtie

• Road Star
    Re: Lowering Links
    « Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2021, 04:46:42 pm »
    DM - I just refunded your money. I'm really sorry, I bought them off of eBay a year or two ago and never took the shrinkwrap off. They looked brand new so I assumed they were good to go.

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
    • Warrior
    « Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2021, 07:50:13 am »
    DM - I just refunded your money. I'm really sorry, I bought them off of eBay a year or two ago and never took the shrinkwrap off. They looked brand new so I assumed they were good to go.

Thanks. I wasn't blaming you. I assumed you had no idea as they were still wrapped. I cannot figure out why they would be 2 different lengths. PCS only has one size of link. So they either came from them FUBAR'd or someone made these themselves and sold them as PCS. Although they look just like the PCS ones.

• Advertisement

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Warrior
      « Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2021, 09:45:57 am »
      Here you can see the diff.

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2021, 05:40:22 pm »
      the top link appears to be 13-3/4", (or 13-13/16") or about 1/4" shorter than the link below it, not a good enough angle in pic to confirm, and not using a straight edge to confirm, just eyeballing it. So a 1/4" really makes a difference in riding height? Seems like my fat self would already make the suspension a lot lower than that with stock links.
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2021, 05:45:55 pm by FireNative »