Author Topic: Quiet 2-into-1 exhaust still in production?  (Read 1972 times)

ponyexpress

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Quiet 2-into-1 exhaust still in production?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 02, 2021, 11:50:52 am »
Have you contacted this place? https://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/roadliner-stratoliner-raider-exhaust-freedom.htm

I'm ordered Freedom Performance Combat Outlaw 2-into-1 exhaust from West End Motorsports. They are on back order from Freedom Performance for the next week or two BUT I'm beginning to think those will not be any good either.

I think I'll try something like the 2-into-2 system you see on the XV1900A; Freedom Performance makes one for the Raider. Do you know if it's a slip on system? That way I can take the mufflers off and have them tuned or whatever. Maybe put in some Big City Thunder baffles.
I don't have personal knowledge of the exhaust you're talking about but I don't think I'd want the dual set up - make changing the back tire a real PITA.

That’s the shop’s problem, not mine. If they’re slip on exhaust they could just strip it down to the headers to change the tire. HD dealers have to do it for baggers all the time.

When they hit you in the Wallet, then that might be your Problem :P

Still nothing compared to marina slips.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

RangerRick

• Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #16 on: Jul 02, 2021, 01:37:49 pm »
    Have you contacted this place? https://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/roadliner-stratoliner-raider-exhaust-freedom.htm

I'm ordered Freedom Performance Combat Outlaw 2-into-1 exhaust from West End Motorsports. They are on back order from Freedom Performance for the next week or two BUT I'm beginning to think those will not be any good either.

I think I'll try something like the 2-into-2 system you see on the XV1900A; Freedom Performance makes one for the Raider. Do you know if it's a slip on system? That way I can take the mufflers off and have them tuned or whatever. Maybe put in some Big City Thunder baffles.
    I don't have personal knowledge of the exhaust you're talking about but I don't think I'd want the dual set up - make changing the back tire a real PITA.

That’s the shop’s problem, not mine. If they’re slip on exhaust they could just strip it down to the headers to change the tire. HD dealers have to do it for baggers all the time.

I can only imagine, and cycle shops vary greatly also. The yamaha shop used to charge me any where from 30 to 40 dollars to change my 240. I took my Honda VTX 1300 to the Honda shop to change the rear tire and they Charged me like 110 Dollars and it's shaft drive.  :rant: WTF will be doing my own tire from now on
    2007 Honda VTX 1300R
    ANG Member 25 years
    Retired Aug. 1, 2010

ponyexpress

• V Star
    « Reply #17 on: Jul 02, 2021, 01:44:12 pm »

I can only imagine, and cycle shops vary greatly also. The yamaha shop used to charge me any where from 30 to 40 dollars to change my 240. I took my Honda VTX 1300 to the Honda shop to change the rear tire and they Charged me like 110 Dollars and it's shaft drive.  :rant: WTF will be doing my own tire from now on

A small price to pay to relax, ride, and stay out of jail in these idiotic times.

• Advertisement

ponyexpress

• V Star
      « Reply #18 on: Jul 02, 2021, 01:50:30 pm »
      I will say that the pipes on both sides has some appeal. That's pretty sharp looking.

I wish they were a tad shorter, but being back there will keep my bad ear working hopefully for another 15 years or so, I've got quit a bit to go before they put me in the ground unless I get hit by a person taking a left turn into McDonald's with an F-250 King Ranch pickup truck while playing touchy feely with their high school crush.

But if I think it looks goofy being that long I'll just turn it into a bagger with molded channels for the pipes.
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2021, 01:56:41 pm by ponyexpress »

cobaltss01

• 2015 Raider
      • Road Star
      « Reply #19 on: Jul 05, 2021, 12:41:29 am »

It's a true dual racing exhaust. Been thinking about buying it also.

cobaltss01

• 2015 Raider
      • Road Star

Deyv

• Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Aug 01, 2021, 01:47:50 pm »
      I'd have to see a pic of the other side.

ponyexpress

• V Star
      « Reply #22 on: Aug 02, 2021, 07:46:12 am »
      https://biohazardcycles.com/freedom-performance-my00117-4-racing-system-black-black-sculpted-tip-yamaha-1900/

I have Freedom Performance Exhaust true dual system is sitting in my living room right now. I'll be trying to get it installed in the next couple days. I'll post pics when it's on. Wish I saved that 325 ducketts. I paid full price from West End Motorsports.  :'(

ponyexpress

• V Star
      « Reply #23 on: Aug 08, 2021, 09:32:51 pm »
      Does anybody have any experience or know Yamaha’s recommendation for thread locking compound on the header bolts? I read elsewhere to torque to 13lb front and 17lb rear but I think I might want some high temp Loctite on those threads.