Author Topic: MPG  (Read 854 times)

Fasttimez

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
MPG
« on: Jul 10, 2021, 09:38:45 pm »
So I'm totally dumb founded by my recent MPG. Today was the 1st time I've taken the bike out on an extended ride since Ivan's Flash. I usually fill up at 120 miles before the flash, my fuel light would come on.  Today I filled up at 122 miles, yet the fuel gauge was still just below 1/4 tank.  I only put 2.5 gallons in it.  I was like WTF, so I filled up again at 93 miles, only put 2.1 gallons in it.  That like 48 mpg on the 1st fill up, and about 43 mpg on the second.  The crazy thing I was riding 2 up all day long.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around this new found MPG after the flash.  Bike runs strong too.  The only other time I was getting MPG like this was when my fuel pump was taking a crap and bike was running lean as all get out, but was running like dog crap.  Anyone else get MPG like this after the flash ? 

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Fasttimez

• Warrior
    Re: MPG
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2021, 09:40:58 pm »
    Just for reference, speeds were between 45-60 mph most of the day, just cruising.

LoneRaiderMI

• Natasha
    • V Star
    « Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2021, 03:03:23 pm »
    Have Ivan's Tune and just installed NGK Iridium plugs and I get 43 MPG

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2021, 08:14:16 pm »
      So I'm totally dumb founded by my recent MPG. Today was the 1st time I've taken the bike out on an extended ride since Ivan's Flash. I usually fill up at 120 miles before the flash, my fuel light would come on.  Today I filled up at 122 miles, yet the fuel gauge was still just below 1/4 tank.  I only put 2.5 gallons in it.  I was like WTF, so I filled up again at 93 miles, only put 2.1 gallons in it.  That like 48 mpg on the 1st fill up, and about 43 mpg on the second.  The crazy thing I was riding 2 up all day long.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around this new found MPG after the flash.  Bike runs strong too.  The only other time I was getting MPG like this was when my fuel pump was taking a crap and bike was running lean as all get out, but was running like dog crap.  Anyone else get MPG like this after the flash ?
      :agree: I was pleasantly surprised also after getting Ivan's flash seeing my mileage go up and stay even whether going 90 on the interstate, 70 through country roads or throttling up and down in twisties. Went from 38-40 with PCV, V&H and K&N to 51 one time and high 40's more than a few times but normally it's around 43 or 44 mpg. Got rid of the PCV just after Version 2 some years back. I have never had an instance when I didn't like anything about the flash. Even the engine braking, it was nice but I got use to it and got a lot more with the FLASH! ;D

kphudson

• Roadliner
      « Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2021, 12:15:15 pm »
      I took a trip to Colorado in June, fuel mileage varied depending on elivation. 40 on the highway at 70 or more, and up to 50 mpg riding in the mountains.
      2012 raider SCL #432

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2021, 12:44:53 pm »
      I get 48 generally with a mixture of town and open highway riding at no more than 70-75mph

On a constant 70mph on the highway for mile after mile, I can get 53-54 miles per gallon.

If I ride hard at speeds in excess of the speed limits shall we say, I can get it down to 40mpg

It can vary but a lot depends on your right hand!
      One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK