Author Topic: Are Raiders increasing in value more than I realize?  (Read 1947 times)

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Are Raiders increasing in value more than I realize?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 09, 2021, 05:31:11 am »
2012 S model in Albuquerque for $6500. Bullet Cowl, V&H 2in1 and more.

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/d/albuquerque-2012-yamaha-raider/7358395426.html
think he decided not to sell
V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #16 on: Aug 09, 2021, 03:47:13 pm »

And this one... a 2012 for $19,500!!! https://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/d/south-river-yamaha-raider-1850cc-110/7358992769.html

This guy did put some money into this thing.  And now it sounds like his kids are selling it?  My kids better never think about selling any of my toys until I'm 6' under.
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #17 on: Aug 09, 2021, 06:22:18 pm »

And this one... a 2012 for $19,500!!! https://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/d/south-river-yamaha-raider-1850cc-110/7358992769.html

This guy did put some money into this thing.  And now it sounds like his kids are selling it?  My kids better never think about selling any of my toys until I'm 6' under.

Maybe he is or maybe he's too old to do anything. I'm saying this only because that's where my dad is now. It sucks because he never wants to do anything.

• Advertisement

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #18 on: Aug 09, 2021, 07:26:19 pm »

Maybe he is or maybe he's too old to do anything. I'm saying this only because that's where my dad is now. It sucks because he never wants to do anything.
      It says he turned 65 - I'm 70 I guess I better stop riding - they're asking way too much for it anyway.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2021, 10:25:12 pm »

It says he turned 65 - I'm 70 I guess I better stop riding - they're asking way too much for it anyway.

I didn't realize the sale had his age posted. I didn't read it.  Don't you dare stop riding.   

My dad is 82 and since my mom passed back in December he has really degraded physically and mentally. It's hard to watch.

toy

• Roadliner
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #20 on: Aug 10, 2021, 10:14:34 am »

Lol, I think if my kid listed my raider for 19.5k and it actually sold, i would be ok with that.. Id probably buy a 14' or newer low mileage one and start over on mods... I did jokingly tell my kids I was putting it in my will that my grave has to be 10' deep so i can be buried sitting on my bike...
      American citizens authorize the govt, not the other way around.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Aug 10, 2021, 02:51:46 pm »

Lol, I think if my kid listed my raider for 19.5k and it actually sold, i would be ok with that.. Id probably buy a 14' or newer low mileage one and start over on mods... I did jokingly tell my kids I was putting it in my will that my grave has to be 10' deep so i can be buried sitting on my bike...

I'll have to remember this the next time my wife gives me a hard time about there being a picture of my Raider on my bank card.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #22 on: Aug 10, 2021, 04:01:52 pm »

I'll have to remember this the next time my wife gives me a hard time about there being a picture of my Raider on my bank card.

Next time you just have to include her in on the Raider on the bank card....lol.  This is an old expired card that I had of us on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Now that I think about it, I think I may have seen a very nice picture of your wife on/by your Raider  ;)  That would be a good one to have on the bank card!

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2021, 04:12:55 pm by Ron505 »

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #23 on: Aug 10, 2021, 05:58:16 pm »

Next time you just have to include her in on the Raider on the bank card....lol.  This is an old expired card that I had of us on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Now that I think about it, I think I may have seen a very nice picture of your wife on/by your Raider  ;)  That would be a good one to have on the bank card!

I think you're referring to the pictures from the contest in 2011?  That's my old Raider. I wouldn't put that on my bank card. 

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #24 on: Aug 11, 2021, 02:41:09 pm »
      I may be thinking of her leaning over her Stryker?  I'm not a stalker, honestly, lol.  That was just a great photo.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #25 on: Aug 11, 2021, 04:44:11 pm »
      I may be thinking of her leaning over her Stryker?  I'm not a stalker, honestly, lol.  That was just a great photo.

My guess is that it was her Stryker then. If you're thinking of the one where I redacted her flashing, then it was her Stryker.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #26 on: Aug 11, 2021, 08:11:10 pm »

My guess is that it was her Stryker then. If you're thinking of the one where I redacted her flashing, then it was her Stryker.

:thumbs: