Author Topic: Turn signal button replacement  (Read 503 times)

TMan05

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Turn signal button replacement
« on: Aug 09, 2021, 09:13:24 pm »
Good evening!

I was wondering if someone could be so kind and send me a couple pictures of their turn signal switch. I just bought a Raider this weekend and I am slowly getting it up to my standards.. one easy standard would be a piece of plastic covering this metal hand cutter ;) Any help would be appreciated (it off the bike, maybe a ruler next to it) I plan on 3D printing a new one since my google search yielded nada. I would love dimensions but some pics will work and I will just trial and error it. Thanks in advance!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

TMan05

• V Star
    Re: Turn signal button replacement
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2021, 08:19:10 pm »
    Bueller? Bueller?

I would love if someone could take a close up pic of their turn signal switch.. the Raider I just bought did not have one (the seller said someone stole it) and I would love to be able to make another one.. If you could show me at least the front with a ruler/tape measure for reference and bonus points for the back if it is easily removable.. Thank you so much!!

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2021, 12:18:32 pm »
    Is this what you are looking for?

I gave a slight tug to it and it did not budge and I was not going to force it, so you're out of luck seeing the back from my Raider.

Personally I bet you could get an existing two-way switch and just make sure it fits the post sticking out. Worst case fill it with some 2 part epoxy and stick it in place then it will be permanent.

• Advertisement

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2021, 05:16:49 pm »
      Trying to figure out how someone stole the old button  :thinking: :shrug:

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2021, 07:46:03 pm »
      Trying to figure out how someone stole the old button  :thinking: :shrug:

I was wondering the same thing. Unless they had a pair of pliers and broke it off.

TMan05

• V Star
      « Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2021, 09:56:24 pm »
      Thank you so much! Gives me a rough idea of what to design and 3D print.

Beats me on how it was gone but I inherited a fairly clean bike and just needs a couple of things to make it perfect. ie: figuring out the turn signal button replacement, resetting the ride height to stock (with stock dogbones) and resetting the spring tension adjustment, Speedo insert is kind of warped like the sticker is on wrong, getting rid of 5” extensions for pegs and gear shift/brake, once it finally stops raining that is LoL

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2021, 07:50:45 am »

Beats me on how it was gone but I inherited a fairly clean bike and just needs a couple of things to make it perfect. ie: figuring out the turn signal button replacement, resetting the ride height to stock (with stock dogbones) and resetting the spring tension adjustment, Speedo insert is kind of warped like the sticker is on wrong, getting rid of 5” extensions for pegs and gear shift/brake, once it finally stops raining that is LoL
      That button isn't synonymous with just the Raider - lot of Yamaha parts fit different bikes.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2021, 10:39:18 am »

That button isn't synonymous with just the Raider - lot of Yamaha parts fit different bikes.

The one on my wife's Stryker is different, but I bet it would fit as well.

TMan05

• V Star
      « Reply #8 on: Aug 18, 2021, 06:45:16 pm »
      That’s a good idea. I’ll check some part websites and see if I can find one.