Author Topic: How to "clean" the stuff off the tail end  (Read 418 times)

FireNative

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
How to "clean" the stuff off the tail end
« on: Aug 11, 2021, 07:51:50 pm »
I am looking to get a blaster X integrated tail light and side mounted license plate holder so after I get my shop to mount the Blaster X tail light I would just take a hack saw and cut off everything below the light? and unscrew and take off the turn signals? Than what cut the turn signal wires and wire nut them and zip tie them back? Anyone that has cut the turn signals off, license plate holder, and reflectors can you give me some info. Thanks.

Also can anyone confirm they have used this plate holder on our Raider and it works. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WMWL9D/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2021, 07:55:35 pm by FireNative »

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: How to "clean" the stuff off the tail end
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2021, 05:41:24 am »
    The Blaster X should be plug and play so no cutting/capping any wires.  As far as the beaver tail, it's plastic and cutting to fit is the norm. 
    As with many non-model specific aftermarket parts, it's a crap shoot as to whether they fit easily or require some mod. 

the urban legend

• Raider
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2021, 05:44:23 am »
    The BlasterX is plug-and-play. No cutting or splicing required, unless you buy a cheap knockoff.
    As for the license pate holder, wait till you have it in hand so you can see exactly what will have to be done. The link you posted brings me to a full page of selections so I'm not sure which one you're referring to.
    I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

• Advertisement

Dirtiegirtie

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2021, 09:28:51 am »
      See here: https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=2752.msg2766732#msg2766732

In a mtg, but I'll respond with more in a bit...

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2021, 09:56:11 am »
      See here: https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=2752.msg2766732#msg2766732

In a mtg, but I'll respond with more in a bit...

Thanks for the piv Dirtiegirtie. I am looking to cut off the license plate holder also so to do that I would just use a hacksaw and cut it off from the tail light correct?

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2021, 09:58:22 am »
      The BlasterX is plug-and-play. No cutting or splicing required, unless you buy a cheap knockoff.
      As for the license pate holder, wait till you have it in hand so you can see exactly what will have to be done. The link you posted brings me to a full page of selections so I'm not sure which one you're referring to.

My bad Urban, I am referring to either or both the horizontal or the vertical as I believe they work and are basically the same mounting they should just change the holder orientation. Do you have any experience with one or both of these and if so did it work good and what if any "custom" work did you have to do besides plug and play. Thanks.

Dirtiegirtie

• Road Star
      « Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2021, 11:25:55 am »
      Thanks for the piv Dirtiegirtie. I am looking to cut off the license plate holder also so to do that I would just use a hacksaw and cut it off from the tail light correct?

I used a Dremel with a cut-off wheel first and then a sanding wheel at very slow speeds to smooth it out. I'm afraid I don't remember what it looks like behind the license plate, so I can't advise for/against cutting that part off in a similar manner.

You will have two holes where your signals are. If memory serves me, they were like 1/2" diameter. I used a couple of spike bolts I had laying around.

FYI - I went with this license plate LED frame. I know it's not available, but I looked it up... it was $18.
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E0VDBHO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1