Author Topic: Need a tail light bracket  (Read 574 times)

jpaynich

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Need a tail light bracket
« on: Aug 20, 2021, 01:05:55 pm »
Bad news; I successfully ripped off my total rear taillight/lics plate bracket and bulbs. Nothing left back there but the fender and two bolts sticking down, need total replacement. Anyone know where I can get a nice aftermarket bracket (new or used)? Id prefer to not do OEM plastic part and can get that, want something nicer. Please text to 857-636-0784,

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: Need a tail light bracket
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2021, 05:39:16 pm »
    I would tell you to get the Kuryakyn Subfender with plate adapter like many of us have done, but they're no longer sold unless you can find a used one. There's not a single one on Ebay.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 20
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2021, 07:40:50 pm »
    See if you can find a Blaster X taillight and a side mount for the plate

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2021, 07:30:16 am »
      I would tell you to get the Kuryakyn Subfender with plate adapter like many of us have done, but they're no longer sold unless you can find a used one. There's not a single one on Ebay.
      I found one in Canada on a Google search  for 97 bucks new in box, paid with PayPal bit have  not received it yet, have sent several emails to seller with no replies, may have to open a dispute through PayPal to get my money back
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2021, 11:06:12 am »
      I found one in Canada on a Google search  for 97 bucks new in box, paid with PayPal bit have  not received it yet, have sent several emails to seller with no replies, may have to open a dispute through PayPal to get my money back

Good luck!  At least you're covered since you used Paypal.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2021, 11:09:09 am »

I definitely recommend going with the Blaster X taillight, but won't he still need Kury Sub-Fender (or something similar) if he no longer has the Yamaha plastic piece that can be trimmed down?

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2021, 11:39:53 am »

I definitely recommend going with the Blaster X taillight, but won't he still need Kury Sub-Fender (or something similar) if he no longer has the Yamaha plastic piece that can be trimmed down?

You are right Dan. The tail light is bolted to the plastic piece, so if everything was ripped out then there's nothing left to hold the light. The cheapest option would probably be to find a used beaver tail and trim that down however the OP likes. Looks like he'll also need the chrome trim that goes around the tail light.
      I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20

713Raider

• V Star
      « Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 2021, 03:55:40 pm »
      Bad news; I successfully ripped off my total rear taillight/lics plate bracket and bulbs. Nothing left back there but the fender and two bolts sticking down, need total replacement. Anyone know where I can get a nice aftermarket bracket (new or used)? Id prefer to not do OEM plastic part and can get that, want something nicer. Please text to 857-636-0784,

All the aftermarket bits and pieces are almost non existent at this point. The other day I lost the beaver tail too. No more plates or signals on the rear. Rather than paying $80 for a small bracket to mount the plates, I went to Home Depot and got some sheet metal for like $8. Then I ordered a license plate frame with a built in light for $20.  So for less than $30 I should have it all buttoned up.  But I will probably go with the Blaster-X so I don't have to worry about the lollipops.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2021, 04:37:14 pm »

All the aftermarket bits and pieces are almost non existent at this point. The other day I lost the beaver tail too. No more plates or signals on the rear. Rather than paying $80 for a small bracket to mount the plates, I went to Home Depot and got some sheet metal for like $8. Then I ordered a license plate frame with a built in light for $20.  So for less than $30 I should have it all buttoned up.  But I will probably go with the Blaster-X so I don't have to worry about the lollipops.

Post up pics once you complete it. I would like to see the end result.

GOOD LUCK!

Kaibab

• 08 Raider
      • Road Star
      « Reply #10 on: Aug 25, 2021, 06:20:07 am »

I am cleaning out my garage and I know i removed the original beavertail assembly when I first got the bike.  Let me know if you still need one and I will accelerate my search