Author Topic: Bad vibrations that come and go  (Read 753 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Bad vibrations that come and go
« Reply #15 on: Sep 08, 2021, 11:37:25 am »
This is exactly why I bought all of my Raiders new.  I realize that's no longer an option with the Raider. Hoping I will not be in the market to get another one.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

toy

• Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Sep 08, 2021, 05:12:34 pm »
    This would solve all your problems. https://www.facebook.com/groups/YamahaRaider113/permalink/10159519058778162/

and you have north of 170HP when its done. (and thats without turbo)
    There are only 10 types of people, those who can read binary and those who cant.

dersteirer

• V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #17 on: Sep 10, 2021, 06:08:06 am »
    So I called the tuning shop about the current status of my xv Raider S (I pick her up later in the afternoon):
    - he didn't find anything wrong which may have caused the vibrations. WTF...
    - he is about finished with the tuning of the Dynojet PC. The mechanic said she was extremely lean at lower rpm, and very very rich at higher RPM.

Now she has about 90 hp on the rear wheel, and about 150 nm torque, which is about 110 ft-lb.
    I've read the discussion where folks show their DJ-diagrams/printouts, some have more than 110 hp or 120 ft-lb, I don't think that I will reach these figures. What do you think?

I think itís absolutely worth the work, either I run her in perfect condition or not at all. Thatís more important to me than the HP on the paper.
    I have added a tuning air filter made by ďDNAĒ and I have lifted the lid a bit as well. She has the regular US-exhaust, as it is an imported Raider. These Raiders arenít available in Germany, only the Cruiser-XV1900 you can get here.

I tried out such a Cruiser-XV the other day, compared to my Raider quite a poor performance, kinda lameÖ And a very quiet exhaust, sounds like a mofa/mopped/scooter. German exhaust-regulations & laws are pretty strict. So thatís why I am happy with this US-Raider, the noise-values are officially in the papers, so this exhaust -which is louder- is absolutely street legal. And with the new air filter, the tone getís better, too.

And I wonít get into trouble with the cops. And there are almost no aftermarket pipes, there are a few and they are very expensive (1500-2400 Euro for a complete set). I could get some pipes in the US, but sooner or later I get into trouble with them.

I donít know what to do about these vibrations which come and go, maybe I find out during winter. I love that bike, I like the looks, the engine is just cool, the frame is made of aluminum, and despite the weight she handles well.

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #18 on: Sep 10, 2021, 06:01:23 pm »
       They are great bikes! I hope you get the vibration figured out, These are mine
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires