Author Topic: Elfr-1QD  (Read 1618 times)

SpartanK9

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Elfr-1QD
« on: Sep 20, 2021, 12:16:17 pm »
Does anyone know where the factory flasher relay is on the Raider? I’m trying to install the Elfr-1 to stop the hyper flash.

Thanks for any info!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

the urban legend

• Raider
    Re: Elfr-1QD
    « Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2021, 06:01:49 pm »
    Between the battery box and rear fender. Remove the fender and it's the relay on the left. 

Personally I just modified the stock relay. That way I got rid of the hyper flash AND kept the auto-cancel feature.

I followed the instructions in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL_jWtRPCow&ab_channel=Maustarman- . It's for a V-Star but it's the same procedure.
    I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

RuffRider

• Road Star
    « Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2021, 08:44:09 am »
    Between the battery box and rear fender. Remove the fender and it's the relay on the left. 

Personally I just modified the stock relay. That way I got rid of the hyper flash AND kept the auto-cancel feature.

I followed the instructions in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL_jWtRPCow&ab_channel=Maustarman- . It's for a V-Star but it's the same procedure.
    Does the Raider use the same model Denso relay as the the one shown in that video?

• Advertisement

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2021, 05:27:20 pm »

Does the Raider use the same model Denso relay as the the one shown in that video?

No. The Raider relay is # 066500-6150 (At least mine is) and the one in the video is # 066500-4660. The specs are practically the same: the one in the video is rated 27 watts max, and mine is 23 watts max. I think the V-Star in the video had small turn signal bulbs in the speedo, as opposed to the LED indicators in the Raider's gauge. But the inside of the relay looks the same, so you just have to follow the video to get it done.
      I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

SpartanK9

• Road Star
      « Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2021, 08:04:01 am »
      Thanks for the info! I'm going to give it a shot.

SpartanK9

• Road Star
      « Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2021, 07:58:40 am »
      Thanks for the info on the relay, I installed the ELF R1 and it works great!