Author Topic: Need help identifying sissy bar  (Read 508 times)

Orion90

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Need help identifying sissy bar
« on: Sep 24, 2021, 06:35:20 pm »
Long story short, I rode the raider in to work today only to get rained on and have the sun bake my sissy bar back pad to hell.  The damn thing split, crumbled, and died.  There is no markings on the sissy bar itself to see what brand it was to replace.  I have mustang seats, but the sissy bar back pad was a different brand installed by the previous owner.  Are sissy bar pad holes universal, or sissy bar brand specific?  Any help is appreciated.  :)

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: Need help identifying sissy bar
    « Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2021, 07:09:38 pm »
    That looks like a Yamaha passenger backrest.

Yamaha 5C7-F84A0-R0-00 Midnight Tall Fixed Mount Passenger Backrest

You may be able to buy a generic pad and adapt.  Or maybe see an upholsterer to have the old one repaired.

Orion90

• V Star
    « Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2021, 08:37:34 pm »
    That looks right, although every example I find doesn't seem to come with a back pad.  Thats why I am wondering if a Mustang back pad might work with it, or if it has to be a yamaha branded back pad or something. 

• Advertisement

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2021, 09:23:06 pm »
      That looks right, although every example I find doesn't seem to come with a back pad.  Thats why I am wondering if a Mustang back pad might work with it, or if it has to be a yamaha branded back pad or something.
      You can probably get it recovered cheaper than finding a new one - if there is a marine upholstery shop near by talk to them

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2021, 10:46:25 pm »
      Here is the part number for what you need , but I doubt you will find just the pad in stock anywhere. You can find the complete bar assembly for sale online though.

Part # 27D-F84B0-V0-00 is the pad
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2021, 07:43:22 am »
      I think mustang seats makes one to fit take a picture of the mounting holes with a tape measure on the holes so they know the center to center measurements
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Orion90

• V Star
      « Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2021, 07:20:30 pm »
      That prob sounds like something I will do.  If not I like the idea of going to a marine upholstery place.  This Florida sun is merciless on anything wet.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2021, 07:47:02 pm »
      That prob sounds like something I will do.  If not I like the idea of going to a marine upholstery place.  This Florida sun is merciless on anything wet.
      Okay I see you're in Florida I'm in Jacksonville and have had a couple of seats redone and even made a custom backrest pad and had these guys do the covers
      https://www.sargentcycle.com/ they're in Jax also they use marine grade vinyl.

heftysmurf

• Road Star
      « Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2021, 03:10:55 pm »
      Definitely go local to a Marine upholstery and their marine grade vinyl has UV blockers which should increase the life of the pad.  Plus it should be super to make.
      2011 Raider S