Author Topic: Getting a new tire, be sure to check the size good...  (Read 310 times)

Badbluraider

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Getting a new tire, be sure to check the size good...
« on: Nov 17, 2021, 06:41:59 pm »
Got a Avon front(120/70-21) from my dealer today and they installed on my wheel that I had taken in. Got home and pulled it out of the trunk, pulled the Avon sticker off and was looking at the new brake pads I am going to throw on. Wasn't going to mess with this tonight so I leaned the tire up against my tool box, looked down and it was a 130/60B-21. Avon had mislabeled it at the factory. This tire was manufactured the third week of June 2021.

So, check your new tires well before putting them on the road...

Knowing that my dealer could have caught this they are bending over backward and mounting the CORRECT tire tomorrow. They are also mounting a rear tire that I purchased for my Vmax on their tab. ;D

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: Getting a new tire, be sure to check the size good...
    « Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2021, 07:00:08 pm »
    So it actually fit?

Badbluraider

• Warrior
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: Getting a new tire, be sure to check the size good...
    « Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2021, 07:43:30 pm »
    So it actually fit?
    Yes, it actually didn't look much different than the 120/70-21 on the rim. I googled the size and it opened what I think was a Harley Forum from 2018 and they said they could run either of the two sizes mostly Dunlop tires. Glad I saw it before mounting on the bike, I believe it would have fit probably a bit wider and shorter but didn't want to take any chances. Sidewall was noticeably shorter. To use to the 120-70 but glad I saw this...