Author Topic: Fuel gauge not working  (Read 443 times)

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 20
Re: Fuel gauge not working
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2022, 07:35:27 am »
it is in the tank on the rt side, pull the tank and its held in with 2 8mm headed fasteners  easy to do but watch the way you pull it out and the float orientation
Is there a way I can diagnose if the unit is bad or not before I order one?
if the fuel light is flashing then quits and starts back flashing its bad
That is what happened the first time in 2012, and it was the fuel sender. this time there is no flashing. Only needle on zero when tank is full, and yellow gas pump light was on before, but now is not. Could it be a fuse or bad wiring?
Have you ridden the bike since the fuel light stopped coming on - you may need to ride the bike a few feet to see if the fuel gauge goes to full.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2022, 09:37:21 am »
    it is in the tank on the rt side, pull the tank and its held in with 2 8mm headed fasteners  easy to do but watch the way you pull it out and the float orientation
    Is there a way I can diagnose if the unit is bad or not before I order one?
    if the fuel light is flashing then quits and starts back flashing its bad
    That is what happened the first time in 2012, and it was the fuel sender. this time there is no flashing. Only needle on zero when tank is full, and yellow gas pump light was on before, but now is not. Could it be a fuse or bad wiring?
    Have you ridden the bike since the fuel light stopped coming on - you may need to ride the bike a few feet to see if the fuel gauge goes to full.

Definitely.  This was always something I had to do after pulling the speedo off each time.

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #17 on: Jan 07, 2022, 08:00:01 am »

Not yet. I need to take it out for a ride to be sure.
    Help! My 30 year old mind is trapped in a 75 year old body.