Author Topic: Part Identification Question with Pics  (Read 340 times)

IronHorse

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Part Identification Question with Pics
« on: Jan 03, 2022, 10:53:46 am »
Hey all,

I bought a Raider crank case with that wasn't split to learn to rebuild and how the engines work. I am going to use this to custom build a bike using a raider engine and frame. The crank case was off a used 2008 with around 1000 miles. the case looks to be in very good shape still covered in oil and all that. My question is one part from the pictures looks to be rusty or maybe its oil crude cant tell from the pictures but i wanted to be ready to replace it if it is. The problem is I cant find out what part it is. The service manual doesn't show it and neither do the parts diagrams. other complete stripped crank cases have it removed. Can anybody identify this part?  What it is? What it does? I am guessing it is some sort of guide pin? The pictures are of where the part would be on the parts diagram and the part shown from a video on youtube both circled in red. Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2022, 11:31:42 am by IronHorse »

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    Re: Part Identification Question with Pics
    « Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2022, 11:08:59 am »
    Hard to tell but that looks like the  Actuator rod for the clutch slave cylinder but I may be wrong
    Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
    Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

IronHorse

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2022, 11:25:06 am »
    Looking up a picture of that part looks like that's it. I was able to find it under the clutch parts schematic! Thank you very much for the help! Part: ROD, PUSH 2  Part number 1D7-16357-00-00 for any learning rebuilders.
    « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2022, 11:31:11 am by IronHorse »

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2022, 01:36:36 pm »
      Looking up a picture of that part looks like that's it. I was able to find it under the clutch parts schematic! Thank you very much for the help! Part: ROD, PUSH 2  Part number 1D7-16357-00-00 for any learning rebuilders.
      your welcome
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires