Author Topic: Accessory Light Switch  (Read 1286 times)

jofybarnes13

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Accessory Light Switch
« on: Apr 19, 2019, 07:41:33 pm »
If this has been on here before I apologize. I seen it on another forum but the answer wasn’t clear. My question is, where is the connector plug to the accessory light switch that’s on the right side of the handlebar? I know there is an accessory plug under the seat but this is not the one to the light switch. The wires from both sides of the bars run under the tank and the are a bunch of connections on top the air box, is it one of those or does it run somewhere else? I don’t plan on getting driving lights, I’d really like to use this switch for a LED light kit.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    Re: Accessory Light Switch
    « Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2019, 07:53:11 pm »
    It in the headlight bucket
    Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
    Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2019, 08:42:58 pm »
    There

• Advertisement

LP Evangelista

• V Star
      « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 10:08:29 pm »
      Can I run a sound bar and an amplifier to the switch or is it not powerful enough

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 05:10:49 am »
      Can I run a sound bar and an amplifier to the switch or is it not powerful enough
      depends on the amp but I run a separate heavy gauge wire for power and ground , fused and on a toggle switch
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

StrykerBilly

• Warrior
      « Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 07:32:24 am »
      depends on the amp but I run a separate heavy gauge wire for power and ground , fused and on a toggle switch

Doubtful but the owners manual will say how many amps of a fuse you need.  Then just locate the fuse controlling that acc plug in the headlight and see.  Worst case is you blow a fuse and then have to wire like Todd said.  On that note, if the amp will be fairly accessible you could just use the power button on it but then you run the risk of draining the battery when you forget.
      Another option is to find an ignition on wire under the seat and tap into that for a relay.  Combine that with running the power wire like Todd said and you have an automatic off circuit...