Author Topic: DYNO SCANS (Non-Dyno scans will be moved or deleted.)  (Read 52794 times)

Roadstrat

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Re: DYNO SCANS (Non-Dyno scans will be moved or deleted.)
« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2012, 01:49:31 am »
So you should only dyno test if you change both pipes.?  but what if you only change one pipe!?..lol

Greg

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Rczap

• rczap
    • Road Star
    Re: DYNO SCANS (Non-Dyno scans will be moved or deleted.)
    « Reply #46 on: Jul 21, 2012, 03:36:56 pm »
    OK, had my bike run today for a tune, not really thrilled with the results. VH BR 2-1 pipes with the baffle opened up. Barons BAK and PC-V This was in California near the coast 91 degrees, 20% humidity. Max power 86 torque 102. Sorry the file is too large for me too add here so I included the link.

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 6
    « Reply #47 on: Jul 21, 2012, 04:24:56 pm »
    Rczap, those numbers are about what a stock Raider gets. I have the BR 2 into 1, a PRT Air kit and the PC3 on mine. I have almost 104 hp and just under 118 ft/lbs. A lot of variables can throw the results one way or the other, but I wouldn’t be happy at all with what you posted.
    « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2012, 04:27:24 pm by gostr8r »
    I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

• Advertisement

Rczap

• rczap
      • Road Star
      « Reply #48 on: Jul 21, 2012, 04:32:38 pm »
      Yeah, I found this place through Dynojets website, and after I got in there found out there were a Harley only shop. Didnt think it would make much of a difference but..... who knows....

Veego

« Reply #49 on: Jul 21, 2012, 04:33:52 pm »
      Ya, something's messed up there. What elevation was this done at? I see that it was listed as "uncorrected" and from the more accurate readings it should be an SAE setting. Some dyno readings are pretty "happy" (overly optomistic) with the numbers they produce but those numbers are like Ray mentions. Almost dead nutz stock. I'd ask some questions for sure...like operator experience.

Rczap

• rczap
      • Road Star
      « Reply #50 on: Jul 21, 2012, 04:38:25 pm »
      Basically 50 foot elevation, he was I think mainly looking at A/F ratio, was very proud of hitting 14:1 across the board.

Veego

« Reply #51 on: Jul 21, 2012, 06:10:07 pm »
      Basically 50 foot elevation, he was I think mainly looking at A/F ratio, was very proud of hitting 14:1 across the board.

That'll do it, he was tuning for emissions and low fuel consumption. For power he should have been around 12.5 but he might be thinking only about emissions and CARB back lash. If that's his goal he has some mighty pissed off Harley riders at the numbers he's producing. Of course there's always the mindset that he knows the Raider will put out some good numbers and he can't have a Jap bike coming out of the shop with better numbers than his Harley customers. I'd be looking for a different tuner or talk to him about what his goal was vs what you had in mind. It sure doesn't look like he was tuning for max power.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2012, 08:55:33 pm by RuneRaider »

Rczap

• rczap
      • Road Star
      « Reply #52 on: Jul 21, 2012, 10:08:22 pm »
      Thanks for the info, I had always thought you need to lean out in order to make more power. Then the issue would be a lean misfire or hotter running engine. I will talk with the guy this week. He said i was running a bit rich when he first started.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #53 on: Jul 22, 2012, 09:54:43 am »
      Here's my Dyno, 2012 Raider S, PR 120ci, PR Head port and polish, PR Exhaust port and polish, WEB Camshaft Cam, V&H BR 2-1, Baron's BAK, Cobra Power Pro Tuner Gen-2

budaman

• Raider
      • Referrals: 10
      « Reply #54 on: Jul 22, 2012, 10:04:12 am »
      Nice numbers Bill were you satisfied with them?
      2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #55 on: Jul 22, 2012, 10:11:01 am »
      Nice numbers Bill were you satisfied with them?

Based on what Patrick Racing says they seem to be low but based on what I have seen in this thread they are the best so how can I not be satisfied...  ;D

Wassup77

• Road Star
      « Reply #56 on: Jul 22, 2012, 10:16:54 am »
      I was actually expecting a little bigger numbers out of your bike bill (I figured you to be in the 130s on torque), but I think the bigger improvement on yours is the torque curve.  Your bike pretty much stays over 100 ft-lbs for the whole run!  That thing is gonna be like getting drop kicked in the chest every time you wrench open the throttle!
      Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

seventhLetter

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #57 on: Jul 22, 2012, 10:28:04 am »
      I know it's not apples to apples and I'm not trying rain on your parade, but I am surprised also. Look at gostr8rs numbers. Then again, different dyno, different location, etc.

Either way, I'm hella envious!
      RoxieRaider, SeventhLetter, G, "hey you", I answer to just about anything.

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #58 on: Jul 22, 2012, 10:35:59 am »
      I know it's not apples to apples and I'm not trying rain on your parade, but I am surprised also. Look at gostr8rs numbers. Then again, different dyno, different location, etc.

Either way, I'm hella envious!

It does not rain on my parade, it is what it is.  I was expecting near 115 HP and 140 Torque but those numbers were based on what PR suggested I would get, they were obviously wrong but I am still very happy with what I got.  It will still kick me in the ass harder then I need it too when I hit the throttle...  :rotfl:

Wassup77

• Road Star
      « Reply #59 on: Jul 22, 2012, 10:59:57 am »
      What you have to understand Bill, is that peak horsepower and torque are not everything.  If your torque curve goes up and down really fast and you have 140 ft-lbs, you wouldn't get near the kick in the pants as your bike with that nice torque curve you have that pretty much stays over 100!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2