Author Topic: WARNING TO COBRA POWER PRO OWNERS!!!  (Read 57164 times)

Tyranus

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: COBRA POWER PRO OWNERS!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012, 01:47:46 am »
That's good news. I have a Power Pro new in box from last year when everyone seemed to have problems with the first batch. I'll be so short on my vacation time that I don't want to let shipping time be a problem with the mods I hope to make. Knowing that he ships overnight is pretty cool and I'm tempted to see if he'll just swap me out before I get home. But there's no way to prove that the one I have is faulty. I just hate to open a new box to find out it's bad and then rebox to ship. I'll check with him again to see what the score is.
Thanks for keeping us informed on all of this.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #61 on: May 11, 2012, 02:09:36 am »
    That's good news. I have a Power Pro new in box from last year when everyone seemed to have problems with the first batch. I'll be so short on my vacation time that I don't want to let shipping time be a problem with the mods I hope to make. Knowing that he ships overnight is pretty cool and I'm tempted to see if he'll just swap me out before I get home. But there's no way to prove that the one I have is faulty. I just hate to open a new box to find out it's bad and then rebox to ship. I'll check with him again to see what the score is.

The one you have right now is no different then the ones being sold today, the 2nd generation card is not in production yet, it is still in testing.  Hook it up and take it for a ride, if you do experience any issues Phil will be more then happy to work with you to get it resolved.

silverstreak

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2012, 02:10:27 am »

here is the cool thing, if you two work it out and find that the current board is faulty, he will ship the new one out with a prepaaid envelope for you to ship the bad one back. No charge to customer! this is what he is doing for me and for everyone with a faulty/damaged board.  But you got to give him a call, talk to cobra and open a warranty case and request phil the engineer to look into it. he will call you back and work it out with you. This is one of his jobs.

• Advertisement

silverstreak

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2012, 05:25:44 am »
      i just noticed the ECU is a mitsubishi part or housed in a mitsubishi shell...

Tyranus

• Road Star
      « Reply #64 on: May 11, 2012, 07:14:10 am »

The one you have right now is no different then the ones being sold today, the 2nd generation card is not in production yet, it is still in testing.  Hook it up and take it for a ride, if you do experience any issues Phil will be more then happy to work with you to get it resolved.

By part number and function that is correct. However, since mine was one of the first batches released there were many that had error codes and had to be returned for replacement. Due to what's happening over here we are being issued blocks of vacation time  and not sure if we can choose that block of time or if we take what's given us and that's it. Kinda mute but the bottom line is I want to get crackin on installing at least the performance mods and get it dyno tuned ASAP (not really needed but I'd like to know what the #'s are since I'll be installing the Hard Krome velocity Pro's, BAK and Power Pro). Waiting for a new tuner will hamper that effort. But I won't know until I try so I can see why they wouldn't want to arbitrarilly just replace it now with a new one. I'm hoping there is a faster shipping time for a defective unit (sounds promising as per Toxic's post) than say ordering one from a vendor for the first time. I'm really doubting that my block of time would allow me to visit WARRII but it'd be cool if I could. The Misses might have a job by then and I could do another road trip on my Raider. Not the end of the world if I don't get to ride this summer but it's always a great way to recharge for what happens in the future. Rambling on.
      « Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:20:03 am by Tyranus »

budaman

• Raider
      • Referrals: 10
      « Reply #65 on: May 11, 2012, 07:57:52 am »
      The first batches of Pro tuners were having wiring harness issues on some of them. That is what was wrong with them and since have been fixed it was a hit or miss.
      2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

Tyranus

• Road Star
      « Reply #66 on: May 11, 2012, 11:25:57 am »
      Thanks Budaman, maybe I'll get lucky.

strike 3

• Pro-Street Raider ......SMOKK'D.......
      • Warrior
      « Reply #67 on: May 11, 2012, 02:02:37 pm »
      Cobra Owners....

Talked to Phil (Cobra) again today and he was telling me that they will start on the second gen. cards soon.  In fact within the next two months.  He wanted me to let you guys know that if your tuner is running fine...then no need to upgrade.  If you are having "major" issues and your card is giving you trouble...then he said that you can give him a call and talk to him about it.  He stated that he does not want folks to call if there is nothing wrong for the upgrade.  The upgrade will not make your bike run better if its already running good....its just for folks that has had issues since the install of unit.  They have coded the cards slightly differently so it will address some tuning issues on bikes that the original ones didnt (cant) address.  Now.... he will probably have you ship your old card back to him for testing...at that time he will determine whether or not it is faulty.  The way he put it to me was like this.... if you by a new computer and in a few months they come out with a faster processor....you wouldnt go out there and call Microsoft up and ask them to upgrade to the new processor for free...so neither is he (Cobra).  So just a heads up of whats coming down the pipe.  I also can tell you that this second generation card will have two options... one with the 02 sensor....the other without.  Thats all the details that was told to me to share with you guys at this point.  So just a heads up and a little FYI.

Dec. 2011

2013 Yamaha Star Motorcycle "Calendar Bike"

Video of Bike...
      http://youtu.be/9AChRZqGwx0

Votion

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #68 on: May 11, 2012, 03:27:06 pm »
      Thanks for the info.  I've had mine for about 7-8 months and havent had an issue with it.
      Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

silverstreak

COBRA POWER PRO OWNERS!!!
      « Reply #69 on: May 19, 2012, 04:42:07 pm »
      so i got the replacement latest generation board from Phil. the board is a totally new layout, achieving the same function with an addition he said i can talk about.

they added an adjustable pot to it so you can lean or richen the mixture at idle throttle and steady cruising. basically any time the engine isnt accelerating (idling or steady throttle) this circuit with the pot on it handles that mixture. when you accelerate the CVT circuit takes over until you cruise again

i also removed the exup valve and put a bolt in the hole to close up the cover. i will come back in a few days to give a review after tweeking here and there on that pot.

basco05

• AG 05
      • Warrior
      « Reply #70 on: May 19, 2012, 05:37:03 pm »
      Looking forward to your review.

Kind of on the same topic, does anyone know of I can slow the RPMs at idle? I think mine revs a little high at idle.
      There is no replacement for displacement

budaman

• Raider
      • Referrals: 10
      « Reply #71 on: May 19, 2012, 06:07:14 pm »
      Remove the IAC valve that is what controls your Idle by removing you can set your idle were you want it.
      2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #72 on: May 19, 2012, 06:44:31 pm »
      so i got the replacement latest generation board from Phil. the board is a totally new layout, achieving the same function with an addition he said i can talk about.

they added an adjustable pot to it so you can lean or richen the mixture at idle throttle and steady cruising. basically any time the engine isnt accelerating (idling or steady throttle) this circuit with the pot on it handles that mixture. when you accelerate the CVT circuit takes over until you cruise again

i also removed the exup valve and put a bolt in the hole to close up the cover. i will come back in a few days to give a review after tweeking here and there on that pot.

Good to hear that Phil is taking care of us, Can't wait for your review...  :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

JuJuBee

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #73 on: May 19, 2012, 07:18:01 pm »
      So for those of us who haven't gone Cobra yet should we wait until the gen II is released?
      Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

silverstreak

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2012, 07:36:56 pm »
      you cant go wrong either way, the first gen worked real good and i was very happy with it, the second gen just has that simple option of mix adjustment.