Author Topic: WARNING TO COBRA POWER PRO OWNERS!!!  (Read 57150 times)

silverstreak

COBRA POWER PRO OWNERS!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 06:12:56 pm »
can a mod sticky this please?

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: COBRA POWER PRO OWNERS!!!
    « Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 06:24:21 pm »
    Damn, that's freaky, thanks for the heads up, it does not rain here in Yuma much at all but mine is going into a zip lock as soon as I get the bike.

BlueBlurRider

• Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 06:24:52 pm »
    I think any item such as this should be water resistant!!! No doing it yourself, cobra should do it for almost a 500 price tag. Come on.....this is my next investment, gotta lose the v&h fuel pack

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

• Advertisement

strike 3

• Pro-Street Raider ......SMOKK'D.......
      • Warrior
      « Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 06:27:40 pm »
      Im off so I might call them AGAIN tomorrow to get confirmation on this.  Thought it was suppose to be water tight already as well.  We shall see!

Dec. 2011

2013 Yamaha Star Motorcycle "Calendar Bike"

Video of Bike...
      http://youtu.be/9AChRZqGwx0

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 06:41:30 pm »
      I am also going to call Phil tomorrow in regards to this matter and I recommend that more call him also.  When last I spoke with him he told me that he wants to hear any and all concerns that we the customer may have, good or bad.

Hunterman

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 06:45:09 pm »
      Ok Toxic, I have a product that I use in my job to seal processors on our circuit boards in our wheel balances in the field. Some of these processors are senative to moisture. The produce is Electronic Grade Sealant/Adjesive, it's $6.00 from Jamesco Electronics. The part number is 19-155. You can use it directly on the board to seal it. NOTE, I am going to use it to seal the entire case and not the board so that there will be no warranty issues. Go to their website before you close the unit up.
      Guys, I know you all are airing on the side of caution, but you do not want to put this unit in a zip lock bag. There is moisture in the air and the unit will sweat in the bag. Now you will creating your own wet situation.

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 06:52:19 pm »
      Hunterman, when you say seal the entire case are you talking about the seam or actually sealing the entire unit?

Hunterman

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 07:25:38 pm »
      After looking at Toxic photos, it looks like you can pop the case open because it is held together with tabs. I'm going to look at mine tomorrow to open the case and seal the two halves together. Even if some gets on the board, no big deal, because the sealant is safe for electronics. That way, you are not placing the unit in a bag and causing it to sweat.

strike 3

• Warrior
      « Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 07:47:47 pm »
      After looking at Toxic photos, it looks like you can pop the case open because it is held together with tabs. I'm going to look at mine tomorrow to open the case and seal the two halves together. Even if some gets on the board, no big deal, because the sealant is safe for electronics. That way, you are not placing the unit in a bag and causing it to sweat.

Yes at the rear where the wires go in....go under the rubber grommet and plastic case and just pop apart with a small screwdriver....pops right open.  Good point on the moisture in the bag. why you're there, give me your input on the case....its really a tight seal and shocked that much water even got there.

Dec. 2011

Video of Bike...

basco05

• AG 05
      • Warrior
      COBRA POWER PRO OWNERS!!!
      « Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 07:54:47 pm »
      Im off so I might call them AGAIN tomorrow to get confirmation on this.  Thought it was suppose to be water tight already as well.  We shall see!

I am also going to call Phil tomorrow in regards to this matter and I recommend that more call him also.  When last I spoke with him he told me that he wants to hear any and all concerns that we the customer may have, good or bad.

Keep us posted guys. I'm curious to know what Cobra has to say... :popcorn:
      There is no replacement for displacement

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 08:08:56 pm »

I will post as soon as I get off the phone with him...  ;D

strike 3

• Warrior
      « Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 08:12:40 pm »

I will post as soon as I get off the phone with him...  ;D

Not if I do it first BILL!! LOL :)   :poke:

Dec. 2011

Video of Bike...

Hunterman

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 08:14:37 pm »
      When I look at it tomorrow, I will post what I find. I know the case snaps tight, but when you consider it was being drench with water coming off the tire and the positive pressure of air from the speed of traveling forward, water getting into the case is possible. Lets get this fixed and get back to riding.

Hosaks06

• Road Star
      « Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 08:51:58 pm »
      thanks toxic, hope everything works out alright.  i should be getting my tuner here in a couple of weeks ( thanks tejas)  i'll be sure to waterproof it a lil better.

ONEBADMACHINE

• Road Star
      « Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 09:18:46 pm »
      On a side note if anyone is thinking of sealing the entire unit, I would think you would want to open it up to be sure that it is dry.

I also have a question about sealing the entire unit. Does it need to breath or will sealing it entirely be ok?