Author Topic: WARNING TO COBRA POWER PRO OWNERS!!!  (Read 72561 times)

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: WARNING TO COBRA POWER PRO OWNERS!!!
« Reply #180 on: Oct 23, 2014, 11:16:55 am »
IMO, you need to have the O2 hooked up with the Powerpro.
The Powerpro itself does not use it, but it is needed during the times when the Power pro is being bypassed.
( idle and steady throttle )

Is that why I get a very high idle sometimes?

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

marcelmot

• Roadliner
    « Reply #181 on: Oct 23, 2014, 01:20:05 pm »
    The Powerpro itself does not use it, but it is needed during the times when the Power pro is being bypassed.

Is that why I get a very high idle sometimes?

Definately, just read my experience one page before

My life it's an endless fight against maturity.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #182 on: Oct 23, 2014, 09:02:50 pm »

Kinda what I meant in my first post but didn't come out that way, I was referring to the way the pp functions to make our bikes increase torque and hp, it does not use the O2 for that at all , but uses the measure of time of the crank , which makes total sense seeing how horsepower is just a function of the torque at a certain RPM and Horsepower is just a unit of measurement to compare how much work that engine can do over time. How many times per second an engine makes that torque determines horsepower. So kinda easy to understand why the pp works well .   
    But yes the pp does not need the info from the O2 to work , but since it's a pass threw for that info to the factory ecu , if the O2 messes up the bike will idle or stumble during times the pp is not in control . Just as it would do if the pp wasn't on the bike and the O2 malfunctioned
    Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

• Advertisement

marcelmot

• Roadliner
      « Reply #183 on: Aug 26, 2015, 07:42:45 am »
      When running at constant rpm, steady throttle, into a certain gear (specialy 2nd one), with throttle just little bit opened, the engine has some small disruptions, doesn't run well, even some back fires.
      Reading this thread I saw the same sympthom when the Cobra PP unit is wet. So I would like to open the covers and look inside.

My questions for brothers who did open already the unit : how did you open it ?  ....did you use just a screwdriver  ?  ...I'm afraid to brake the covers.

Thanks
      Marcel
      "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

MrGood

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
      • Warrior
      « Reply #184 on: Aug 26, 2015, 07:51:24 am »
      Hey boss, if you take a tiny flathead screwdriver near where the plug goes into the unit, gently pinch the sides and lightly twist the plug harness until you see daylight, then you can slowly work it apart.  I did mine yesterday too for the first time and was a little sketchy but turned out fine.  I gotta get mine installed and tweaked, then sealed up!  Ride safe bro, send me Romanian stuff hahaha!
      Shiny side up

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #185 on: Aug 26, 2015, 08:12:42 am »
      I just popped mine open with my hands, it's not glued, just a few snaps that keep it together.

xmanrigger

• Roadliner
      « Reply #186 on: Aug 26, 2015, 12:17:45 pm »
      When running at constant rpm, steady throttle, into a certain gear (specialy 2nd one), with throttle just little bit opened, the engine has some small disruptions, doesn't run well, even some back fires.
      Reading this thread I saw the same sympthom when the Cobra PP unit is wet. So I would like to open the covers and look inside.

My questions for brothers who did open already the unit : how did you open it ?  ....did you use just a screwdriver  ?  ...I'm afraid to brake the covers.

Thanks
      Marcel

No tool required to open it up.

Grab a hold of the thick part of the cord right at the unit housing. Give it a twist and case will pop open. That is Cobra's procedure.

2012 Raider / V&H Big Radius 2-1 / Cobra Fi2000 DFP / Baron Stealth Big Air / Avon AV72 Cobra Rear Tire /

marcelmot

• Roadliner
      « Reply #187 on: Aug 27, 2015, 04:00:11 am »
      Thank you guys,

indeed ...no screwdriver needed, just twisted the big rubber and ....  daylight ... :)

I even was a little bit concerned about how easily it popped out  !!

Everything OK inside. I will take the opportunity to seal it with some black silicone, for gaskets.

Bluezuke860

• V Star
      Re: COBRA POWER PRO OWNERS!!!
      « Reply #188 on: Oct 27, 2015, 07:44:20 am »
      Use Marine Goop!  Its great stuff to seal it.

michael t

• Warrior
        • bersachat.com
      « Reply #189 on: Oct 15, 2016, 07:29:03 pm »
       Whatch if you lay bike down . When I went down  I went to hospital and friend road bike home . I get out of hospital  and road bike to town 15 miles  I stopped to eat and then started for dealer about 2 miles. Didn't make it  It started missing real bad the quit.  Dealer picked up  he played with it and next think I know he off on a test ride . He came back said fixed . I asked what was wrong He said he disconnected the cobra  She fired up and runs fine.  I can't afford another so I am running with out . Got the Popping exhaust back . Will just live with it I guess.
      [

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Went the telephone poles look like a solid wall . Your at cruise speed

xmanrigger

• Roadliner
      « Reply #190 on: Oct 17, 2016, 06:55:43 pm »
      Whatch if you lay bike down . When I went down  I went to hospital and friend road bike home . I get out of hospital  and road bike to town 15 miles  I stopped to eat and then started for dealer about 2 miles. Didn't make it  It started missing real bad the quit.  Dealer picked up  he played with it and next think I know he off on a test ride . He came back said fixed . I asked what was wrong He said he disconnected the cobra  She fired up and runs fine.  I can't afford another so I am running with out . Got the Popping exhaust back . Will just live with it I guess.

That sounds kinda fishy on the dealer side. Not sure how laying down the bike could effect the PP. The only way I can see is if a coil wire was ripped out/off. Or when laid down, the PP unit was somehow doused with water or fuel. The PP and all it's wiring are pretty much protected from being damaged from laying bike over. I would visually check as well as check continuity of the harness wires of the PP.

2012 Raider / V&H Big Radius 2-1 / Cobra Fi2000 DFP / Baron Stealth Big Air / Avon AV72 Cobra Rear Tire /