Author Topic: Power Commander and Auto Tune Clearing up misinformation.  (Read 23698 times)

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Power Commander and Auto Tune Clearing up misinformation.
« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2012, 09:57:00 am »
4) You can set the system up to not tune during the 0 throttle position and deceleration, this should get rid of the problems when air is coming back up the exhaust and fooling the system.
I dont suppose they told you how to set it up this way? I would be interested in knowing :D

Stick a zero in the trim table in the cells you want to do this to.  Basically it deactivates the autotune for that cell and it will run the AFR from the AFR table.

I also suggest sticking zeros in the trim table into all cells where the raider is incapable of running (below idle and above the rev limiter).  Dynojet told me to do this simply as a safeguard   
Thanks Capt -Ive already done that as per your suggestion in your how to.
I was more interested in how they were setting it so it wasnt tuning during deceleration?
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2012, 10:02:34 am by Scoob »

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

ffemt157

• When good men do nothing, evil prevails
    • V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Feb 14, 2013, 10:02:28 am »
    I am looking into buying a power commander V for my 08 raider. I am on the fence about it because I already have allot of power, so I was wondering if it is worth the money? Can you tell the difference? Does it add that much more on the performance side?
    The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."

Patrick Henry

michael t

• Warrior
      • bersachat.com
    « Reply #17 on: Feb 17, 2013, 10:26:29 pm »
     I am not sure but I thinkthe PC V uses a larger o2  so you may have to  redue your exhaust pipe to fit it .  me Iam on the Cobra  side  plug and play Worked for me.
    [

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Went the telephone poles look like a solid wall . Your at cruise speed

• Advertisement

Deyv

• Raider
      « Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2013, 02:09:53 pm »
      I am not sure but I thinkthe PC V uses a larger o2  so you may have to  redue your exhaust pipe to fit it .  me Iam on the Cobra  side  plug and play Worked for me.

You only need to change the O2 sensor if you get the autotune.. PCV stock doesn't use the o2 sensor and the circuit gets jumpered

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      « Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2013, 02:41:09 pm »
       :agree:

ezirider(Jack)

• Road Star
      « Reply #20 on: Apr 20, 2013, 06:57:27 pm »
      I dont know about this autotune ect.  But I had V&H 2 into 1 and there fuelpak, I have taken the fuelpak off and installed the cobra powrpro,   all I can say is the powrpro kicks ass, runs smooth at any speed, and standing start excel to 115mph. Makes my but meter very happy,  I do drags at the strip often am taken this asap.  >:( I can get a chance...... O8O
      "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,  but by the moments that take our breath away,"
      And Jesus will give eternal life, if you just believe,

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Apr 20, 2013, 07:19:04 pm »
      4) You can set the system up to not tune during the 0 throttle position and deceleration, this should get rid of the problems when air is coming back up the exhaust and fooling the system.
      I dont suppose they told you how to set it up this way? I would be interested in knowing :D

Stick a zero in the trim table in the cells you want to do this to.  Basically it deactivates the autotune for that cell and it will run the AFR from the AFR table.

I also suggest sticking zeros in the trim table into all cells where the raider is incapable of running (below idle and above the rev limiter).  Dynojet told me to do this simply as a safeguard   
      Thanks Capt -Ive already done that as per your suggestion in your how to.
      I was more interested in how they were setting it so it wasnt tuning during deceleration?

The only thing you can do during decel is to pull the clutch...this will usually prevent the popping when you down shift and decelerate.   Downshifting and decelerating makes that jake brake sound like semi's and also causes air reversion which messes up your map.  Deceleration itself isn't the problem the air reversion is.

Kick Logic To The Curb!

High Pockets

• Houston Area Group
      • Warrior
      « Reply #22 on: Aug 15, 2014, 08:15:40 pm »
      I am having this installed in two days. I have ordered the PCV, Barons BAK and a dual Autotuner. The shop installing my set up returned a single Autotune set up because they said the Raider was a VTwin. There is so much information out there. I don't know if this is correct or not. Anyone have input for me or suggestions as I get this mod done next week?

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
        • Right A Way
      « Reply #23 on: Aug 15, 2014, 08:28:44 pm »
      I would spend my money on the ECU flash instead of the Autotune. Anyway, the model you'll need will depend on your pipes. If your pipes have bungs for 2 o2 sensors, you should get the AT-300. Otherwise, get the AT-200. Good luck.
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2014, 06:07:01 am by t84a »
      Ken
      2010 Raider/2008 FZ1 (sold)

RIP Tail dragger

ladrox

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #24 on: Aug 16, 2014, 04:58:45 am »
      I would spend my money on the ECU flash instead of the Autotune. Anyway, the model you'll need will depend on your pipes. If your pipes have bungs for 2 o2 sensors, you should get the AT-100. Otherwise, get the AT-200. Good luck.

+1 on the flash
      Allen

I ride a Raider for a reason!

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #25 on: Aug 16, 2014, 06:03:50 am »
      I would spend my money on the ECU flash instead of the Autotune. Anyway, the model you'll need will depend on your pipes. If your pipes have bungs for 2 o2 sensors, you should get the AT-100. Otherwise, get the AT-200. Good luck.

Ken, according to DynoJet web site the AT-100 is specifically for Harley Davidson models.  Is that not correct?  The AT-200 is single 02 and the AT-300 for twin cylinders and comes with two 02's.

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
        • Right A Way
      « Reply #26 on: Aug 16, 2014, 06:06:44 am »
      Bill, you're right. The AT-300 is the 2 o2 sensor model. Sorry about that.
      Ken
      2010 Raider/2008 FZ1 (sold)

RIP Tail dragger

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #27 on: Aug 16, 2014, 06:35:04 am »

:whew: good to hear, when I bought my PCV about 18 months ago I went ahead and got the auto tune also and got the AT-300 because I had separate tunes on my cylinders.

High Pockets

• Houston Area Group
      • Warrior
      « Reply #28 on: Aug 16, 2014, 06:46:03 am »

:whew: good to hear, when I bought my PCV about 18 months ago I went ahead and got the auto tune also and got the AT-300 because I had separate tunes on my cylinders.

So that is the proper way to go? Did you have to replace your O2 sensors?

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #29 on: Aug 16, 2014, 06:58:07 am »
      I have not installed yet but you will have to replace the stock 02 sensor.  The PCV uses a larger 02 which requires a larger bung to be welded in place of the stock one.
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2014, 04:39:33 pm by MYRDR aka Bill L »