Author Topic: Who has done the Victory headlight swap? If you have, we need to chat.  (Read 16893 times)

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
Since the Victory headlight has two H11 bulbs instead of just the one dual filament HB4 bulb, there isn't a second plug for the high beam.
Also, the connectors are completely different, so I need to know what you guys did to get the factory headlight harness plugged into the new bulb(s).

There are some instructions that came with the headlight, but only instructions on assembling the headlight and housing, not how to do a conversion, so I'm probably going to need a little help on this one.

I'm positive I've see at least a couple guys with Victory headlights on here, and definitely more than a couple who did the VTX conversion, so maybe those guys can chime in as well. Basically, I'm stuck.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    Send chillyraider a pm-he should be able to help you out :D

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
    • Roadliner
    He's not on the member list anymore, I can't find him.

• Advertisement

RAIDER MANN

• Road Star
      Slick when you find out post it up I just bought one also.  You can contact Chilly at customRider.net

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
      • Roadliner
      10-4, will do.

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      Not sure of your specifics but you can use blade connectors to plug into the Raider headlight plug - no need to cut off the plug on the bike side. 

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
      • Roadliner
      Ok, I'll take that into consideration.
      I have my brother and a buddy coming to look at it as well... they're a lot better with electrical stuff than I am.
      Hopefully we'll get something figured out.

Budzo

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      Where did you find the headlight?  I'm having a hard time finding the Chrome version of the Victory headlight.

Post up some pics when you're done.  Good Luck!

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      If I remember right Chilly said you just need to run the ground to both bulbs, high wire to high bulb and low wire to the low bulb

How about this one Budzo?
      http://www.ucarshop.com/chrome-motorcycle-headlight-with-2-halogen-bulbs-for-cobra-ii-55w-12v-p-237.html
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2012, 08:14:03 am by Scoob »

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
      • Roadliner
      This is the exact one I bought, it was the cheapest REAL Victory headlight in black I could find.
      http://www.hondaeastsuperstore.com/Items/2876411-266?&caSKU=2876411-266&caTitle=Victory%20Hammer%20Jackpot%20Vegas%20Kingpin%20Black%20Headlight%20%2704-11

There was one cheaper on eBay, but someone else snatched it up and I never found it that cheap again.
      As for chrome, I don't know. When I was looking for mine I had a hard time finding black ones, now I'm not finding chrome... but if I come across something I'll post it here for you.

fenderless 33

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      Anyone want to say why Chilly is not on here anymore?

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
      • Roadliner
      Exactly, that's what I want to know. He just disappeared!

Budzo

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      If I remember right Chilly said you just need to run the ground to both bulbs, high wire to high bulb and low wire to the low bulb

How about this one Budzo?
      http://www.ucarshop.com/chrome-motorcycle-headlight-with-2-halogen-bulbs-for-cobra-ii-55w-12v-p-237.html

Nice find Scoob!  I'll look into it.  I'm a little weary of "knockoffs" especially in a headlight.  My concerns would be chrome quality and light output.  :thumbs:

Budzo

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      This is the exact one I bought, it was the cheapest REAL Victory headlight in black I could find.
      http://www.hondaeastsuperstore.com/Items/2876411-266?&caSKU=2876411-266&caTitle=Victory%20Hammer%20Jackpot%20Vegas%20Kingpin%20Black%20Headlight%20%2704-11

There was one cheaper on eBay, but someone else snatched it up and I never found it that cheap again.
      As for chrome, I don't know. When I was looking for mine I had a hard time finding black ones, now I'm not finding chrome... but if I come across something I'll post it here for you.

Thanks.  Much appreciated.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      Anyone want to say why Chilly is not on here anymore?

Exactly, that's what I want to know. He just disappeared!

At Chilly's requested, I have deleted his account.   I do not know why.
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2012, 03:35:55 pm by Mr. T »

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D